The range of roles I help recruit for is as wide as it is varied. In the (ARM Corporate Services) Engineering Division, I support a range of high profile global companies within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries, which means an ongoing, steep, learning curve.
An international Defence organisation is looking to recruit a new Logistics Operative on a permanent basis in Luton.
Job DescriptionJob Description
* Logistics operatives will be required to undertake a range of material handling activities and/or processes.
* Goods receipt, Material Put away, Pick, Pack, Ship P.I Count
* Demonstrate a contribution to continuous improvement activity within Logistics or M&SC.
* Communicate with colleagues outside of own team in order to gain clarification and/or guidance for completion of defined task
* Provide coaching and guidance to junior team members and/or apprentices
Key Responsibility Areas
* Organise own workload to ensure time is utilised effectively
* Time Management & Absence Management
* Xmii manufacturing console
* Defect management system
* SCOR / ARIS / BMS
* Microsoft Office applications
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Work within defined M&SC procedures, with limited supervision and escalate problems to immediate supervisor for resolution as they arise, in order to complete assigned tasks.
* Understanding of manufacturing processes and a general understanding of the business area
* Understanding of impact of own work on Logistics KPIs
* Educated to GCSE standard
* Knowledge of safe working practices relevant the employees local hazards. Consideration for the safety of self and colleagues is paramount.
* Knowledge of relevant standard logistics procedures (what) and practices (how) necessary to process material efficiently (quickly) and effectively (accurately).
* No prior experience required. Employees with limited experience (less than 6 months) to be supervised at all times.
* Awareness of lean /Six Sigma manufacturing tools & techniques - Or has the ability/aptitude to learn.
Please note: Successful candidates must be willing to undergo UK Security Clearance checks.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.