The range of roles I help recruit for is as wide as it is varied. In the (ARM Corporate Services) Engineering Division, I support a range of high profile global companies within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries, which means an ongoing, steep, learning curve.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
An international Defence organisation is looking to recruit a new Logistics Operative on a permanent basis in Luton.
Job DescriptionJob Description
* Logistics operatives will be required to undertake a range of material handling activities and/or processes.
* Goods receipt, Material Put away, Pick, Pack, Ship P.I Count
* Demonstrate a contribution to continuous improvement activity within Logistics or M&SC.
* Communicate with colleagues outside of own team in order to gain clarification and/or guidance for completion of defined task
* Provide coaching and guidance to junior team members and/or apprentices
Key Responsibility Areas
* Organise own workload to ensure time is utilised effectively
* Time Management & Absence Management
* Xmii manufacturing console
* Defect management system
* SCOR / ARIS / BMS
* Microsoft Office applications
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Work within defined M&SC procedures, with limited supervision and escalate problems to immediate supervisor for resolution as they arise, in order to complete assigned tasks.
* Understanding of manufacturing processes and a general understanding of the business area
* Understanding of impact of own work on Logistics KPIs
* Educated to GCSE standard
* Knowledge of safe working practices relevant the employees local hazards. Consideration for the safety of self and colleagues is paramount.
* Knowledge of relevant standard logistics procedures (what) and practices (how) necessary to process material efficiently (quickly) and effectively (accurately).
* No prior experience required. Employees with limited experience (less than 6 months) to be supervised at all times.
* Awareness of lean /Six Sigma manufacturing tools & techniques - Or has the ability/aptitude to learn.
Please note: Successful candidates must be willing to undergo UK Security Clearance checks.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.