I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
Lead Project Planner
Lead Project Planner
Are you an experienced Project Planner looking for a new permanent position?...
Job DescriptionLead Project Planner
I am currently working on behalf of a client who are an international defence organisation looking to recruit a Professional Lead Project Planner to support the management team in the introduction of a Command and Control capability on various Platforms. The programme will take the systems installation designs through formal design review cycles and Test, Evaluation and Acceptance activities to achieve Release to Service from the UK MOD Platform PTs.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Ownership of the maintenance and updating of the contracted "Level 3 Schedule" in Microsoft Project
* Risk Process and Risk toolset expert for the programme in support of the Risk Manager
* Ownership and maintenance of the Level 0 schedule agreed by the customer for Schedule Risk Analysis
* Operate, Run and manage the Schedule Risk Analysis in support of the Risk Manager
* Arrange & attend reviews within programme IPTs and/or with the Customer.
* Maintaining the alignment and accuracy of project plans; ensuring that the Level 3 schedule reflects the lower level plans, is updated in a timely manner and is communicated to all IPT members
* Using scenario planning evaluate potential options for programme/IPTs.
* Provide planning support to the IPTs at Schedule level 4/5 as required
* Ensure the plan is integrated into overall project requirement, with dependencies to other functions identified through scenario planning.
* Working for and as part of the PCO to interrogate and identify schedule variance, risk and opportunity.
* Prepare & analyse data (Risk, Earned Value, Critical Path) required to influence programme decision making.
* Liaise and coordinate with PCO and IPTs to expedite tasks and resolve problems.
* Expert Knowledge and involvement in project risk management
* Schedule risk treatment activity.
* Develop and manage other members of the Project Control Team to gather and maintain data to inform programme decisions specifically related to the risk management activity.
Predict!, MS Project 2013, SAP, MyTime, BMS, Microsoft Office applications
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Business and Product knowledge
* Experience working within defence - ideally on Command and Control or similar systems
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Proven stakeholder management and influencing skills
* Good organisational skills, demonstrated through ability to plan and prioritise
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Good personal, Interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
* Expert in planning and control
* Customer and business performance focused
* Coaching, Training, mentoring and influencing people
* The ability to work effectively to lead a team, demonstration strong communication and negotiation skills.
* Ideally proficient with SAP Tool and related planning
* Expert with Risk and project management tools especially MS Project.
* Ability to challenge the forecast of schedule and cost.
* Understanding of the Performance Management & company processes & procedures
* Excellent computer literacy, including all Microsoft Office applications.
Please Note: You will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance due to the nature of this position
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.