Meet Taya, who recruits for Defence and Aerospace jobs.
Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Are you currently working as a Manufacturing or Production Engineer? Do you have knowledge or experience in Manufacturing Systems e.g CAD, CAM, SAP? This may be the role for you! Don't miss your chance, apply today!!
Job DescriptionKey Accountabilities
* Manage all aspects of New Product Introduction to Manufacturing and Facilities for areas of responsibility, ensuring that all technical, programme and cost issues are executed according to the Company standards and Customer satisfaction.
* Deliver all Manufacturing Engineering inputs (Work Instructions, routings, cost models, proposals etc) in line with the business processes.
* Identify any Manufacturing facility or capability limitations preventing successful project completion and work across the team to resolve the issues.
* Provide Manufacturing technical support to problem solving activities including NCRs, IRB/NRBs and Kaizans.
* Identify operational performance and technical risks through systematic monitors and propose mitigations/resolutions.
* Deliver continuous improvement activities to progress the capabilities of Manufacturing and ensure the ongoing competitivity of the Product Line.
* Champion implementation of Design for Manufacture and Assembly methodologies for New Product Introduction demanding use of standard and qualified processes as much as is possible.
* Implement / conform to all Company health, safety, environment and statutory policies within the Manufacturing organisation.
* Implement the Product Line Manufacturing strategy.
* Continuously develop own Manufacturing Engineering skill base. Demonstrate ownership and accountability.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
* Degree or equivalent professional experience. Strong experience of Engineering within the space, aerospace or military electronics engineering sector.
* Experience and knowledge of high reliability electronics, surface mount assembly and RF products.
* Familiar with all aspects of the project life cycle from design to production, including formal reviews, programme control, risk management, cost control.
* General awareness of Manufacturing Systems (CAD, CAM, Manufacturing Execution System, SAP, Technical Publications, etc.) relevant to the business
* Experienced in working within a matrix structure. Demonstrable team-working skillset
* Proactive, with the proven ability to implement change to the benefit of the business.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.