Companies need to ensure that their IT facilities are adequate and correctly staffed, otherwise they risk falling behind. I work across multiple roles so my skills need to be well rounded however, I do have a slight preference for more technical roles.
Lead Integration & Verification Test Engineer
Lead Integration & Verification Test Engineer
Company overview My client is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. The successful candidate will ideally be currently SC Cleared or must be able to obtain SC Clearance. We cannot consider your application if you do not meet this criteria.
Job DescriptionSystems Integration Test Engineer (Multiple roles available) - Whiteley
Location: Hampshire. Commutable from Fareham, Whiteley, Swanwick, Hedge End, Eastleigh, Southampton, Winchester, Portsmouth, Havant, Waterlooville
My client is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
The successful candidate will ideally be currently SC Cleared or must be able to obtain SC Clearance. We cannot consider your application if you do not meet this criteria.
Utilising your comprehensive understanding of various test strategies and methodologies and implementation experience, the successful candidates will be responsible for supporting the definition of strategy for integration and test activities for various systems.
* Hands on integration of services as delivered from the Service Layer
* Generation of high level test cases and detailed test procedures for all aspects of the system
* Execution of test procedures (manual & automated) to test the system and verify requirements
* Documentation of test results and any defects
* Re-verifying interfaces between services and analysing/trouble-shooting results
* Development of integration scripts, test data, simulators, stimulators & emulators and defining test environment needs
* Work with the associated Deployment I&V Leads and Integration Cycle Leads to support definition of the backlog, plan & implement integration of delivered services
* Analysing data from lower level testing against requirements
* Experience of test planning, management and execution in large scale, complex virtualised and cloud computing environments.
* Experience in system integration testing, including test automation - both planning & execution
* Ability to work at any point in the verification and validation part of the software lifecycle
* Able to use understanding of customer needs and expectations to generate mutually beneficial solutions or alternatives
* Experience with continuous integration tools and source control tools
* Ability to identify, troubleshoot and debug issues across interfaces
* Test automation to reduce manual regression testing.
* Testing in a virtualised environment and/or within ITIL service delivery programmes.
* Experience of working large-scale and complex integration programmes.
* Testing against requirements, architectures and designs defined in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach
* Enthusiastic, proactive, troubleshooting attitude with a willingness to learn new technologies
* Experience with agile development methodologies
* Test experience with high-integrity real-time systems and/or safety-related systems
* Knowledge of web services testing, performance testing, load testing (tools and good practices)
* Experience writing, maintaining and executing automation tests using frameworks such as JUnit, Telerik Test Studio, HP Unified Functional Testing software, Selenium, Test Complete, Watir or similar
* Design, development and execution of integration testing of Service Orientated Architectures and Enterprise Service Bus based solutions.
* DOORS, JIRA and Quality Centre experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. Our industry coverage includes, but is not limited to: Infrastructure and Built Environment, IT (including Security, Communications, SaaS, ERP, IT Sales, and more) Oil and Gas, Defence, Engineering and Technology, Technical Sales, Energy, Space, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and much, much more. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.