Meet Aiden, who specialises in contract recruitment within the Automotive industry and loves pizza!
Lead Engineer - Wash/wipe
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Lead Engineer - Wash/wipe
Would you like to opportunity to work for a leading Automotive OEM? This role gives the opportunity to design and develop exterior mechanism systems for luxury vehicles.
Job DescriptionLead Engineer - Wash/Wipe
Standard Rates: 29-31 GBP per Hour
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
The purpose of the role is to lead the development and integration of Body Mechanism systems and components on a new vehicle programme.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Provide technical leadership for Wash-Wipe system and Leafscreen (cowl) commodity groups.
• Ensure progression of design maturity from initial concept approval through to Final Data Judgement (FDJ) and Final Engineering Sign-Off (FESO) in line with agreed programme gateways and design checkpoints
• Define appropriate system-level engineering targets to meet programme function, quality and attribute requirements.
• Develop and maintain the design validation plan (DVP) including both in-house and supplier testing and ensure development and sign-off tests are completed on schedule.
• Develop System Design Specifications incorporating engineering standards, test procedures and material specifications.
• Lead Failure Mode Avoidance activities including DFMEA, quality history reviews, development tests and CAE study requests as required.
• Lead the resolution of design, attribute or packaging incompatibilities through the appropriate cross-functional forums including Programme Module Sub-Team (PMST), Virtual Concept Integration Meeting (VCIM), Section Reviews, Engineering Technical Forum, including presenting at these forums where required.
• Support vehicle launch and pre-production builds (both virtual and physical) and ensure progression of engineering concerns through initial containment, root cause analysis and permanent corrective actions.
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering degree (or equivalent)
• Experience within automotive engineering / product development
• Proven experience in development and/or integration of windscreen wiper and washer systems.
• Relevant experience in automotive glazing / sealing, closures, exterior trim or other mechatronic systems may be considered
• Proven ability to deliver engineering solutions in line with cost, quality and attribute targets
• Understands testing and validation requirements for automotive body systems
• Familiar with failure mode avoidance techniques including DFMEA
• Good understanding of manufacturing techniques and tooling including stamping, casting, injection moulding and fabrication.
• Commodity-specific knowledge on latest technology and industry benchmarks applicable to windscreen wiper and washer systems
• Proficient in the use of Teamcentre / VisMockup to interrogate CAD designs
• CAD literate (Siemens NX) – desirable but not essential
• Self-starting and self-motivated - Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Able to balance conflicting requirements within cross-functional teams and positively influence decisions on product definition and design.
• Thorough, data-driven approach to solving engineering issues
• Excellent organisational skills, ability to deliver under pressure and manage multiple tasks.
• Confident communicator – able to present at design reviews and technical forums.
• Full driving licence
• Role may require periods of working at other manufacturing site(s) in the UK and occasional travel to suppliers in UK and Europe.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM are award winning experts in technology and engineering recruitment, we fill specialist positions across some of the most competitive technology and engineering industries in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.