I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Lead EMC Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Lead EMC Engineer
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Lead EMC Engineer to join their team in Havant. This position is to lead the EMC work on a number of programmes yet predominantly Maritime Programmes. These programme include technology enhancements to aircraft, ground preparation/analysis systems, training systems and support infrastructure. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Lead EMC Engineer
Salary: Up to £53,000 + Benefits
Location: Havant (Commutable from: Portsmouth, Southampton, Chichester, Bournemouth, Petersfield and Fareham)
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Lead EMC Engineer to join their team in Havant. This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £53,000 + fantastic company benefits. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
The successful candidate will be required to understand the EMC/TEMPEST elements of the project and perform analysis as directed by leadership. In addition, the candidate will need to undertake the following tasks:
* Develop, implement and review EMC Documentation
* Provide specialist technical knowledge to Programme Management
* Negotiate where appropriate for the mutual understanding of detailed technical issues between the customer and organisation and between sub-contractors and organisation.
* To act as the technical lead for any Radio Frequency environmental studies that may be required in support of programmes
* Provide appropriate and controlled escalation of technical issues.
* Comply with legislative requirements and Company and department procedures by providing timely input to programmes and monitoring design and integration activity
* To support wider efforts for the training and awareness of programme engineers
* Significant practical experience in an EMC Design and Test role.
* Knowledge of EC Compliance regulations and of UK and US Military EMC procedures including Def-Stan 59-41/59-411, Mil Std 461, DO/RTCA 160
* Relevant TEMPEST management experience
* Understanding and experience of test procedures and hands on data analysis in a complex systems integration environment.
* Knowledge of Lightning protection methods and regulation
* Knowledge of aircraft avionic systems and maritime radar systems
* Knowledge of HIRF and HIRTA test methods and certification
* Understanding of RF Hazards, RADHAZ control and regulation
* Knowledge or awareness of Computational Electromagnetic (CEM) Methods and their use in EMC design.
* Knowledge and experience of integrating of RF transmitting systems on Civil and Military vehicles.
* Knowledge of Project Management techniques and tools
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.