Electrical and mechanical fields of vehicle engineering are my areas of expertise. This includes the design, development and test of electrical systems and engine/powertrain development. Powertrain development is an industry niche in which I specialise.
Lead EDS Design Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Lead EDS Design Engineer
Are you an EDS Engineer at the moment and leading other more junior engineers? Are you looking for that step up in your career? Are you looking to harness yourself a new job in the new year? If so read on...
Job DescriptionLead EDS Design Engineer
Commutable from; Warwick, Leamington Spa, Coventry, Solihull, Birmingham, Banbury, Northampton.
Salary from; £45,000 - £53,000 + benefits (commensurate with experience)
Interested in getting involved with current and future models of a prestigious automotive car manufacturer? Want to work for one of the biggest tier 1 suppliers in the world? Have you previously led the design of electrical harnesses? Have you got a good understanding of generic electrical engineering principles? Have you got a good understanding of full vehicle electrical architecture? A good understanding of harness manufacturing tools and processes?
Get in touch.
The client have lot of future projects for the UK's biggest automotive OEM and are now looking for a number of permanent EDS Engineers to support them as visibility for the next 5 years and beyond is looking very positive indeed.
Ideally you will be currently working in a similar position in either an OEM, Tier 1 or Consultancy environment as an EDS/Electrical Design Engineer/Electrical Project Engineer working on whole vehicle electrical architecture. You will be leading other junior EDS engineers as well as being the interface with other customer engineers.
- Ideally degree qualified in an engineering/science-based field such as; electrical, electronics, physics, automotive etc.
- A sound knowledge of electrical theory and knowing 'why' you are designing systems the way you do.
- A good knowledge of voltage drops, harness protection, wire thickness, resistance, electrical distribution etc.
- Previous background in leading/project managing/engineering whole vehicle electrical harnesses.
- Harness design and development and manufacturing processes.
- Familiar with industry standard tools such as Catia V5, VeSys, AutoCAD Electrical, Zuken E3 or similar.
- Worked within an automotive, truck, bus, military vehicle, off-highway environment.
Keywords; Electrical Design Engineer, Circuits, EDS, Harness, Schematics, Automotive, Electrical Architecture.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.