Meet Samantha, a recruitment consultant who specialises in mechanical manufacturing within the permanent recruitment sector, focusing predominantly within the aerospace, off-highway, automotive and machinery niches.
Lead Design Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Lead Design Engineer
Lead Design Engineer - £45,000-£65,000 (DOE) - Essex - Switch Mode Power Supplies An innovative electronics manufacturer based in Essex is currently seeking a dynamic Lead Design Engineer to join their established team. The successful Lead Design Engineer will be responsible for designing AC/DC switch mode power supplies and will have experience managing projects from concepts to production.
Job DescriptionLead Design Engineer - £45,000-£65,000 (DOE) - Essex - Switch Mode Power Supplies
An innovative electronics manufacturer based in Essex is currently seeking a dynamic Lead Design Engineer to join their established team. The successful Lead Design Engineer will be responsible for designing AC/DC switch mode power supplies and will have experience managing projects from concepts to production.
* Design of AC/DC switch mode power supplies 40W to 1500W, utilizing various electrical topologies.
* Design and development of power supply products from concept to volume production whilst ensuring that the design meets performance specifications, cost & reliability targets.
* Complies with required regulatory standards.
* Liaising with cross-functional team to facilitate the design process & liaising with international manufacturing locations during development and product infancy to maximize production yields.
* Selection of raw materials, components and suppliers based on product performance specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements.
* Research and Evaluation of new technologies.
* Design Verification Testing.
* Test equipment/Hardware design and build.
* Electrical design of new and modified products, ensure products designs are cost effective and design for manufacturing.
* Performs cost analysis and produces cost estimates.
* Performs complex bench or DV test for the qualification of products.
* Responsible for root causes analysis on products, technical problems and documentation.
* Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of job related experience.
* Experience of digital hardware design.
* Knowledge of power conversion principles, topologies and soft switching techniques and technologies.
* Experience of designing EMI filters / PCB layouts for minimum EMI.
* Working knowledge of circuit design and simulation.
* Experience with electronic packaging, electronic power supplies and power conversion products.
* Through understanding of Control theory.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment and complete tasks with minimum supervision
Salary - £45,000-£65,000 (Depending on experience)
Working hours - 08:30-17:30 (Monday-Friday) 08:30-15:00 (Friday)
25 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
Pension Scheme 3%
Bupa Health Care
Relocation package offered
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.