Meet Taya, who recruits for Defence and Aerospace jobs.
Lead Design Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Lead Design Engineer
Are you currently working as a Design Engineer? Are you skilled in Catia V5? Would you be interested in working for a company at the forefront of the aviation industry? This may be the right role for you. Don't miss your chance, Apply now!!
Job DescriptionTasks & Accountabilities
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Contributing to and leading Design studies in accordance with validated methods that will lead to successful cost and weight trades and for future wing concepts. This includes both metallic and composite technologies. The work includes leading a team of designers to create new innovative design concepts and their implementation through the Change process
* Ensure adherence to airworthiness regulations, relevant design principles, processes, methods and manufacturing capabilities guidelines.
* Lead Integration activities with all stakeholders, internal and external suppliers.
* Continuous quality monitoring of all inputs and where applicable instigate processes to recover.
* Develop new initiatives to weight optimise and reduce costs on the product through innovation.
* Initiate and provide support to Continuous Improvement and Lean projects to minimise waste and ensure maximum functional and operational efficiency.
* Identify and develop team members to meet both their and the business needs.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
* o Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering or a related discipline
* o Experience on aircraft development and/or serial programmes
* o Composite and metallic design
* o Proficient in CATIA V5 and DPDS
* o An innovative approach; looks for new ways of doing things
* o Strong practical problem-solving ability
* o Systematic and organised approach
* o Flexible to changing customer needs
* o Negotiation level in English
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.