Lead cost engineer
Lead cost engineer
How would you like to work on an extremely high-profile project and make a significant, lasting contribution to the country? Our household-name client is searching for a Lead Cost Engineer on fixed term contract basis until June 2018.
The lucky individual will analyse and report on the financial status of the works, briefing the Project Manager. They will be an important member of the team, managing, supporting and supervising other cost engineers on the project to ensure delivery. They will also implement project change/trend programs and co-ordinate weekly trend meetings.
In return, they'll work for an organisation with a conscience; whose values encompass sustainable practices and the desire to provide commuters with a reliable and less congested service. Where all members of the team act as role models for the company's vision and values, encouraging and supporting each other. The client also takes employee investment seriously, so if you're looking for an employer within which you could build your career, this might be it.
- Recording, analysing and reporting cost data as per the approved procedures and guidance notes on behalf of the Project Manager
- Reporting budgetary/forecast issues to the appropriate project and senior management
- Actively managing cost engineers, supporting them to meet deliverables
- Maintaining the Cost Management database and ensuring forecast and budgeted costs align with cost flows for EV purposes
- Meeting weekly and periodical reporting requirements
- Participating in re-forecasts as required
- Providing guidance and direction to contractors to ensure compliance with the contract
- Interfacing with contract administration on contract issues and status of changes, and assisting with assessment of changes
- Preparing cost studies using historical data, statistical analysis and cost and quantity comparisons in order to help innovate and develop new techniques as required
- Assisting projects in identifying and assessing changes
- As a member of the project team the Lead Cost Engineer will have a day to day working relationship with other co-workers at both office and site level covering all areas of Project Management / Construction / Contract Administration / Engineering / Programme
- Supporting the Area Cost Engineer as required.
The ideal Lead Cost Engineer will:
- Demonstrate a full knowledge of the project scope/ schedule and all cost related issues
- Be proactive relating to all cost and schedule issues (leadership)
- Question if there are any alternative options available when change is identified to ensure that the effect on cost and schedule is minimal
- Deliver all required cost information in line with the project reporting timetable, as part of a 4-weekly reporting cycle
- Work closely with team members to ensure that there are no cost surprises
- Promote equality in the workplace
- Operate safe working practices and take care of their own and others' health and safety.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis
- Construction experience as a Cost Engineer preferable
- Skilled in oral and written communication, with demonstrated skill in presenting cost engineering information to management/clients
- Proven skills in the efficient management of others
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analysing, and solving problems
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and start up work processes
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialised instruction or practical experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, preferably in Engineering or Construction Management or Quantity Surveying or equivalent experience
- An advanced level of Excel skills desirable
- An intermediate level of forecasting, scheduling techniques and risk analysis.
This truly is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to work on something big, something that will contribute to the country's economy and smooth running for years and years to come. If you're interested, please apply below.