I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Lead Configuration Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Lead Configuration Engineer
One of the world's largest defence & security organisations are now seeking a Lead Configuration Engineer to join their team in Bedfordshire. A high calibre engineer is required to manage the Product Data Management (PDM) team, who are responsible for the delivery of help and support to the users of the PDM tool in a professional manner, to provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to PDM users and the PDM team.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Lead Configuration Engineer
Location: Bedfordshire (Commutable from: Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton, Stevenage, Leighton Buzzard, Northampton)
One of the world's largest defence & security organisations are now seeking a Lead Configuration Engineer to join their team in Bedfordshire. This is a permanent opportunity with a competitive salary + fantastic company benefits. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading and developing the resources of the PDM team to enable them to deliver help and training to all PDM users within the UK. You will also provide specialist frontline problem solving, advice and guidance to the PDM team and act as the main point of contact for the PDM tool in the UK.
* Technical or science degree or equivalent with experience and knowledge.
* Must have experience leading a team in a managerial role.
* Ability to take ownership of a work package; planning and scheduling own workload and the work of others.
* Ability to communicate concepts in a non-technical way.
* Confidence and ability to challenge/ respond to technical/process issues.
* Ability to interact effectively with internal customers and suppliers.
* Must have a working knowledge of database organisation and structure.
* A working knowledge of Configuration Management
* An experienced user of Teamcenter Enterprise (not Teamcenter Engineering or Teamcenter Unified) would be an advantage but not essential.
* Experience of Process improvement (such as Lean, Six Sigma) would be advantage but not essential
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.