Meet George, who specialises in permanent and contract positions within the automotive technologies sector, focusing on electrical & mechanical – powertrain & engine skill sets.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Global manufacturing company are after a number of Laboratory Technicians, apply now!
Job DescriptionJob Title: Laboratory Technician x 2
£18,000 - £21,000
6 month Fixed Term Contract - Potential opportunity to go permanent at the end of the contract.
A global manufacturing company who are vitally important to governments and economies around the globe are looking for a number of Laboratory Technicians to join their team in Basingstoke. They are looking for a Laboratory Technician with a personality and a drive to learn to provide assistance in running quality control tests for a particular project requirement and to learn key testing procedures and provide support to the wider Technician team when the project requires it.
- Ideally qualified to A level standard (or equivalent), an opportunity to do an apprenticeship will be provided to develop your skills further!
- Degree qualified in a technical subject is a benefit but not essential.
- A fun personality and a drive to develop and learn
- Experience of working within a laboratory and/or industrial environment
- Experience of working with hazardous chemicals is advantageous!
- Support all relevant activities, product development and projects for the Materials & Hardware Development Department. This includes the following activities:
- Ensuring testing and analysis fully meets the needs of the requester / customer.
- Execution of all types of testing, ensuring a high degree of precision and accuracy.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback of performance of test materials and equipment.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of test results including the preparation & presentation of reports.
- Management of test program timing schedules and ensure these are aligned with requester needs.
- Provide timely advice and recommendations to the Laboratory Manager on ideas to continuously improve test equipment and procedures to support best-practice operation of the labs
- Support the team in development of test methods
- Support project work across department where appropriate.
- Ensure adherence to ISO9001 procedures for new product developments.
- Ensure that all experimental and other activity within the Job holder's department is conducted in a manner compatible with EHS, COSHH and company security/housekeeping requirements
- To participate in the performance development review (PDR) process and maintain an up to date record of all training and development activities/programs.
- Opportunity to develop skills further through an apprenticeship offered by the client
- Opportunity to work for a unique manufacturing company who put a focus on the individual and their personality.
- Pension Scheme - The company pension contribution is one and a half times the employee contribution, up to a maximum of 6%
- Holiday Flex Scheme
- AXA PPP Managed Health Care Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme via salary sacrifice
- Employee discounts ( various including mobile phones, computer equipment, local garages, restaurants, shops, gyms etc)
- Free on Site Parking
- Free bus service from Basingstoke Station to the Viables office
- On site Starbucks & subsidised restaurant
- And more!
- £18,000 - £21,000
- 6 month Fixed Term Contract - Potential opportunity to go permanent at the end of the contract.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.