I make it my mission to find the best IT candidates for our corporate services client base. I cover all areas of IT contract roles, but my main focus is roles for one our key automotive clients. These roles can vary from application support to project managers and software developers to network analysts.
Junior Big Data Platform Administrator
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Junior Big Data Platform Administrator
An excellent opportunity for a Junior Big Data Platform Administrator to join the UK's largest energy supplier on a 6 month initial contract base din middlesex. Candidates must have good knowledge of Hadoop, Linux and Cloud computing technologies such as AWS and Azure.
Job DescriptionJunior Big Data Platform Administrator
6 months initially
My client, the UK's leading energy supplier are looking to recruit a Junior Platform Administrator for a 6 month initial contract based in Staines.
This role will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for new development, feature additions, maintenance and support of a number of key components of Big Data products and technologies.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Administration of Hadoop based Big Data Platform.
- Big Data Platform end user support such as provisioning/revoking access.
- Administration of Linux servers and services using Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Puppet etc Applying patches to operating systems and services.
- Troubleshoot cluster & ecosystem product issues to resolution, working to SLA’s as defined within the service design.
- Troubleshoot network and infrastructure issues Impact assessment of changes to the platform due to key projects.
- Good SQL and RDBMS knowledge Engage vendors when required to resolve hardware and software problems.
- Continuous Integration and deployment Deploy monitoring systems and assist in capacity planning.
- Knowledge of backup strategies and implementation Produce and manage workload characterisation, benchmarks and metrics.
- Implement efficient networking and infrastructure related operations.
- Instil a service mind-set and apply a strong focus on business continuity, troubleshooting to ensure a good service.
- Participate in the research, design and development of scaling strategies for our very large and growing data assets.
- Serve as second level support to Big data operations for infrastructure and component services.
- Work with engineering support on upgrades of the cluster participating in the installation, configuration and administration of multi-node Big Data platforms.
- Implementing new services to agreed SLA’s and ensuring transition to support or standardise.
Skills and experience required:
- Cloud computing knowledge (AWS, Azure).
- Excellent Linux and Hadoop Knowledge.
- Hands on experience working with Linux/Unix environment.
- Linux Administrator that has experience in managing Hadoop or any other distributed computing platforms/clusters.
- Experience with running components in Hadoop eco system (Hive, Pig, Ambari, Oozie, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Mahout, Hadoop, HDFS, YARN and MapReduce framework internals) and experience of hands on Java programs etc.
- Experience with open source frameworks for build, deployment and configuration management.
- Experience with managing security models for Big data platforms (Kerberos, Knox etc).
- Experience in Hardware and/or Software performance profiling
- A good team player and willingness to learn and implement new Big Data technologies as needed.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.