I specialise in virtualisation and storage recruitment. I’m constantly speaking to candidates working for some of the industry’s biggest and most interesting players. I secure new opportunities for engineers, consultants and architects. This includes pre and post sales delivery, as well as end users.
IT Systems Manager
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
IT Systems Manager
IT manager required in Fareham
Job DescriptionIT Manager / IT Infrastructure Manager
Up to £37,000 + benefits
1) To maintain, support and expand the Company's existing IT infrastructure in line with our parent company's IT policies and procedures.
2) To assist in the installation of servers into customers' infrastructure; to maintain and support the company's customer-facing infrastructure required to operate our products, both for reliability and security.
- Maintaining a high level of availability for the company's IT resources, both for colleagues (internal) and customers (external)
- Ensuring that compliance is achieved at optimum cost by careful interpretation and, where justified, querying of group IT standards
- Responding to Group IT audits and providing reports to Group IT as required
- Participating in Group IT meetings, workshops and training sessions and disseminating information to other employees as required
- Management of the purchase of software & software licencing and planning for the replacement of software reaching end of support
- Maintenance of IT security system compliant with Group IT standards, including the installation of the latest security patches
- Ensuring that anti-virus is up to date and effective with regard to both emails and downloads
- Managing Daily data back-up, data restore and disaster recovery
- Development and maintenance of company databases, including IT equipment/fixed asset database management
- Maintaining the server room, together with equipment and software storage, in a tidy state
- Management of the Internet and company Intranet, including connections and ISP contracts
- Management of the company's fixed telephone system and contract
- Management of the company's mobile telephones, including email support, and contract
- Maintain full documentation of systems and processes to enable support by others as required
- Troubleshooting of internal IT system, recommend improvements and obtain efficiencies in system performance
- Liaise with internal sponsors and offer IT solutions in line with corporate polices
- Work closely with Software Development team to identify and deliver project IT solutions for internal test/development and deployment of production systems into customer infrastructure.
- Supporting core business applications and operating systems
- Refurbish, build and set up computer equipment for use both internally and externally, including the selection of hardware and software for Projects by obtaining quotes from Group and external suppliers.
- To specify and build customer server environments to host the Company's software package
- Investigating cellular technologies in other countries, and customer network architecture in order to provide secure and reliable connections for the company's remote monitoring products.
- Select and test new networking equipment including routers as required for new countries and in case of obsolescence
- Assist in support of hosted servers used by customers and those deployed in customers' infrastructure, including possible on-site visits
- To liaise and meet with customers and install equipment on-site at customer premises when required
- To liaise and manage 3rd party suppliers
- Occasional travel (UK and overseas), typically 1-3 days away from home
- Other duties commensurate with grade which may be appropriate
Knowledge and Skills
- Able to demonstrate broad ICT & Business knowledge.
- Configuration, management & support knowledge and skills.
- Clear and concise written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Efficient time Management.
- Experience of Windows server platforms in an SME environment.
- Server 2012R2
- Windows 7/10
- Microsoft Office
- Group Policy Management
- Active Directory
- Hardware - RAID
- Networking including routers, Firewalls, VPN and machine to machine communications.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.