I am responsible for sourcing the best IT talent for our corporate services clients. I excel in covering all IT contract roles, from first-line support to programme managers and entry level developers to enterprise architects.
IT Support & Operations Technician
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
IT Support & Operations Technician
My client is currently looking to recruit a IT Support & Operations Technician for a 6 month contract based in Birmingham Responsibilities: This position is associated with end-user IT support as well as operational roles involved with provisioning and supporting local users and office IT infrastructure – workstations, servers, printers, networking, and voice systems.
Job DescriptionIT Support & Operations Technician
6 months +
My client is currently looking to recruit a IT Support & Operations Technician for a 6 month contract based in Birmingham
This position is associated with end-user IT support as well as operational roles involved with provisioning and supporting local users and office IT infrastructure – workstations, servers, printers, networking, and voice systems.
* Working knowledge of Windows 7, Microsoft Office
* Understanding and working knowledge of backup processes
* Ability to work without supervision and have a proactive attitude
* Active Directory knowledge useful but not essential.
* Hardware builds and decommissioning
* Experience with call logging systems such as Microsoft CRM useful but not essential.
* Previous experience in a 2nd line IT support role.
* The incumbent has expert knowledge of procedures and technical concepts within own area.
* He/she applies expert knowledge of regulations and standards to assignments and applies technical skills gained through significant experience on a variety of projects.
* The incumbent has strong troubleshooting skills; strong communications skills; strong knowledge of server administration; strong knowledge of specialised system functions; and good knowledge of project delivery methodology.
This position completes advanced technical assignments that require creativity and judgement.
* Asset management/tracking.
* Offsite visits / Travel to other locations for PC troubleshooting
* Auditing of IT systems with use of in-house tools
* Troubleshooting of computer hardware and telephony systems
* Call logging and ticket management
* Hardware disposal.
* Under general direction, provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
* Handles problems that the first-tier of help desk support is unable to resolve.
* May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
* Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
* Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Maintains currency and highest level of technical skill in field of expertise.
* Under limited direction, monitors and controls one or more mini or mainframe computers by operating the central console or on-line terminals.
* Studies program operating instruction sheets to determine equipment setup and run operations.
* Manipulates controls in accordance with standard procedures to rearrange sequence of job steps to continue operations when individual units of the system malfunction.
* Competent to work at the highest level of all computer operations phases.
* Does system administration.
* Assigned primary responsibilities for specific system support.
* Assigned secondary responsibilities for specific system support.
* Travels to other office locations within the region when required to provide on-site support when issues are not able to be fixed remotely.
Driving license essential. Flexibility to travel to other office locations. Primarily Birmingham and Derby but travel to Worcester, Bristol, Cardiff and Swindon may be required on occasion. Flexibility to work beyond standard, contracted hours. Hands on attitude Confident in dealing with different levels of management
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.