I focus on delivering IT staffing solutions to our high-profile clients, on a contract basis. I cover a wide range of roles across a variety of corporate clients, using my expertise to quickly source the ideal candidate.
IP Network Design Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
IP Network Design Engineer
Our client require an IP Network Design Engineer who will be working within the Networks Engineering team involved with the design & implementation of complex IP networks
Job DescriptionIP Network Design Engineer
3 months initially
Our client require an IP Network Design Engineer who will be working within the Networks Engineering team involved with the design & implementation of complex IP networks Ensuring the infrastructure is designed and planned to defined architectural standards and meets customer requirements and also responsible for the detailed engineering of IP networks, providing technical design and planning of customer and internal IP technical infrastructure.
Job responsibilities -
- Work with key stakeholders to understand their requirements and ensure that IP infrastructure is designed, planned and capacity managed to meet or exceed these specifically:
- Ensure that the solutions designed and implemented are continually assessed to determine any improvements that can be made with respect to quality and costs for effective life time asset management
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Work as a member of the Networks Group to design, build and maintain network infrastructure to support existing and new customers.
- Support applications to transfer video, audio and data across existing and new networks
- Provide technical support to the Business Units including external customer visits
- Cost these bids and provide documentation for these customer proposals
- Assist in the maintenance and support on the existing and new data networks
- Trouble shoot issues
- Support business development activities within other areas of the business.
- Provide Architectural support and guidance on existing and future designs on the network
- Assist and manage in the implementation of new networks.
- Work with Business Units to ensure that customer serving infrastructure is delivered to the cost, quality and time specified in customer orders
- Support the development of accurate telecoms In building / PMR network forecasting and capacity management
- Support the development of robust business cases including the financials for new projects
- Innovate and value engineer within area of remit so as to drive continuous improvement in cycle times and reduced unit costs
- Support the development and adherence of effective design and planning processes which meet all the requirements of relevant external standards
- Ensure that all IP network technical infrastructure is maintained within the appropriate architectural or contractual operating conditions including: capacity management, throughput, technical performance, information security, quality and unit cost
- Design and deliver technical solutions that minimise disruption to existing services or other in flight programmes
Skills/experience required will include -
- Technical Expert. Maintains and develops a high level of product and technical knowledge in specified areas as necessary to support the design & Implementation role. Acts as the "Knowledge Expert" on specialised areas of systems engineering. Competent at producing technical reports and business justifications.
- Recognised Design Authority. Develop quality engineered telecoms in building and PMR design solutions in response to both internal and external customer requirements. Competent at assessing the technical & commercial impact of risks and issues associated with any design and agreeing appropriate resolution. Accountable for Design Authority sign off and coordination process with input into the production of cost effective system design solutions, ensuring they are provided on time, can be delivered on budget and to customer's satisfaction.
- Technical Support. Competent to analyse a technical problem from root cause through to resolution without any prior knowledge of the subject matter.
-Provide engineering support in line with the defined Escalation Process and excellent at producing technical reports, presentations and action plans. Confident to present to customers, peers and team members.
- Process. Plays key role in defining and reviewing methodology, process and procedures to ensure optimal compliance to policies and guidelines and maximise the effectiveness and minimise errors in the delivery of solutions.
- Supplier Management. Has a proven a proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, customers and relevant regulatory bodies, to obtain the correct solution, with an appreciation of industry trends, developments and implementation of technologies.
- Good understanding of KPIs and figures for business area and able to detect and analyse deviations from business as usual.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.