A new and exciting opportunity has become available for a Technician within the Automotive space to join a large testing company.
Job DescriptionInstrumentation Prep Technician - Safety
Imagine being a part of one of the most important phases of the vehicle production & manufacturing process - crash testing. Using your knowledge and automotive skills to be responsible for preparing vehicles for the crash tests. You will be working with a range of vehicle types including Defence / Army vehicles.
As an Instrumentation Technician you will be involved in fitting sensors to the test vehicle, providing photographic evidence to clients on efficient testing and to be involved in the cable and computer setup.
What will you be doing?
- Remove vehicle trim and other parts without damage
- Install a range of sensors to customer requirements
- Route sensor cables to the data acquisition system
- Create test setup on a Windows PC
- Remove equipment from the vehicle after the test has been completed
- Repair and maintain equipment as required
- You will hold a qualification in Automotive, Motor Mechanics or a relevant vehicle qualification.
- Experience of fine-detail soldering
- Use of a basic digital camera, including computer download-
- Use of a Windows PC
- Detailed understanding of motor vehicles
As an Instrumentation Technician you will be able to;
- Work on own initiative
- Be flexible and willing to work overtime as required and at short notice
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Can adapt quickly to unplanned changes in priority
- Ability to ensure high standards are achieved and maintained
As you will be working on a number of vehicles on Defence sites, you will need to be residing in the UK and be eligible for SC / security clearance.
Apply now and speak with Cassie Moore for more information.
Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.