I specialise in virtualisation and storage recruitment. I’m constantly speaking to candidates working for some of the industry’s biggest and most interesting players. I secure new opportunities for engineers, consultants and architects. This includes pre and post sales delivery, as well as end users.
Infrastructure Project Manager
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Infrastructure Project Manager
Infrastructure PM required a global company to work on a large internal transformation programme.
Job DescriptionInfrastructure Project Manager
£60,000 to £70,000 (dependant on experience)
10% bonus, private medical, 27 days holiday (+BH) & more.
My client is a leading international organisation currently delivering a number of internal IS projects across their UK end user base. This includes complex end user environments across the UK, including network, datacentre, applications, infrastructure and desktop upgrades, migrations and roll outs. Although this is a "Senior Project Manager/Programme Manager" vacancy with a highly competitive salary, they are seeking an individual who is currently and happy to continue delivering projects directly. Budgets typically managed will range from £3million - £10million in value with varying time lines and delivery expectations.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
Technical Project, Programme and Portfolio Management of medium and high complexity IS projects, programmes and portfolios of all project types to successful delivery in accordance with company procedures. Professionally undertake requirements management, stakeholder management and change management. Professionally lead and carry out planning, monitoring and control of schedule, cost, opportunity, risk, benefits and resource within a structured project control system.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Shape and Scope Projects through ambiguity.
- Technical/Engineering project management of the development and delivery of the project solution into service
- Creation of the initial Project Plan during the bid or "Demand" phase of the lifecycle through requirement capture, work definition, estimating and scheduling that will include all Milestones, activities, resources and any other feature that will require to be delivered.
- Project Governance (the Gate and Stage Processes) over the bid and project delivery activities to ensure project, technical, procurement and support processes are applied and are effective in controlling risks.
- Establish an agreed Plan and baseline in accordance with procedures and working practices that becomes the Original Baseline Schedule that forms the basis for controlling the implementation of the Programme.
- Update project Estimate at Complete on a (minimum) monthly basis. Produce and analyse cost and schedule and risk metrics on a monthly basis, carry out corrective actions and complete monthly reporting packs.
- Focus on accurate cost management through weekly review of project actual costs. Implement corrective action where costs are not collected accurately.
- Undertake monthly Opportunity & Risk Analysis (qualitative and quantitative on scope, cost, resource and schedule) and incorporate mitigation actions into the Performance Baseline.
- Ensure data integrity of all project information including financials and schedule. Use the Oracle and Primavera toolset to hold all financial, schedule and resource information.
- Work with the resource management teams to develop and manage the resource supply plan for the business as part of the core Integrated Business Planning Process. Support with managing project and resource conflicts to ensure successful project delivery to agreed project timescales
- Lead specific continuous improvement initiatives related to elements of Project Management capability (competence and process). Support continuous improvement initiatives led by other colleagues. Identify and investigate new tools and methodologies and contribute practical suggestions for better ways of working.
- Ensure "Lessons Learned Management" is applied to all projects, entailing application of lessons from other projects, and capturing lessons learned on specific projects under your control.
- Strong stakeholder management through effective communication
- Analytical Project Management professional who can process data efficiently to provide solutions to problems
- A robust understanding of business and commercial issues
- Excellent inter-personnel, communication, and customer focused skills essential
- Highly organised, quick and efficient.
- Delivers to agreed timescales with attention to detail
- Achieved or working towards Formal PM Qualifications: IPMA Level B or C (or equivalent)
- Competent user of Primavera P6 and MS Project
- Excellent interpersonal skill with the ability to influence at senior and board level
- Project Management experience in a Matrix environment
- Good level of understanding of infrastructure.
- Ideally will have previously delivered on complex security projects
- Worked in a governance process led environment.
- Significant experience of delivering medium and high complexity IS projects across Applications, Infrastructure, Security and Support domains
- Strong technical or engineering-based knowledge of IS technologies, systems and methodologies across Applications, Infrastructure, Security or Support domains
- Significant experience of delivering medium and high complexity IS projects across all stages of the lifecycle (from definition, initiation, implementation, closure and support)
- Significant understanding of generic processes and techniques used to schedule project activities e.g. WBS, OBS, milestones, dependencies & CSF, project network, float, Critical Path Management (CPM), forward & backward pass calculations and EVM
- Significant experience and understanding of the Project Management process that includes Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management.
- Demonstrable focus on managing projects by creating and using credible project documents and structured, achievable project plans. Proven successful delivery of IS projects to time, cost and quality with values up to £10m.
- Ideally qualified to degree level in an engineering or technology related discipline (or equivalent)
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.