Meet Michelle, who works in our Rail team, recruiting talent for electrification jobs.
HVDC Technical Director
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
HVDC Technical Director
Are you an expert in your field and looking for your new challenge as a HVDC Technical Director? My client is looking for a dynamic team member, who isn't scared to make their mark.
Job DescriptionHVDC Technical Director
Are you an expert in your field and looking for your new challenge as a HVDC Technical Director?
My client is looking for a dynamic team member, who isn't scared to make their mark.
If you poses the following skills:
• Proven technical capability associated with the design, configuration, manufacture, installation and commissioning of HVDC systems.
• Experience in HVDC systems application at transmission voltage levels up to 500kV, gained within a transmission utility, consultancy or manufacturing environment
• Specific knowledge of HVDC transmission technologies and a thorough understanding of how these technologies influence the operation and performance of the transmission system
• Proven ability of working with internal and external parties, eg. equipment suppliers, manufacturers, service providers, professional bodies, and working within a strong team-working culture
• Proven ability of communicating complex technical or commercial issues to peers or senior managers
• Proven ability to work in and lead cross functional teams
• Proven ability to develop working relationships quickly and effectively
• Proven experience in writing clear and concise documentation
You will also find yourself responsible for the following:
• Responsible for the feasibility design of HVDC systems up to 500kV
• Reviewing in-house designs and those produced by external contractors.
• Experience in the concepts required in the safe design and operation of electrical networks, and development construction.
• Advising on design and design change issues.
• Specialist in an Electrical field but experience and extensive knowledge of other Engineering fields would be advantageous.
• Experience with Construction and Design Management (CDM).
• Ensure that design projects are undertaken by competent personnel and sub-contractors reviewing designs created by others
• Challenging, proposing, agreeing and implementing alternative solutions compared with those dictated by the client specifications, policies, processes and “best practices”.
• Accountable for the effective delivery of the assigned tasks and deliverables of projects to time, to the required quality and to budget
• Undertake site visits / non-intrusive surveys as required as part of the design activities or as part of site support
• Ensuring risks are proactively identified, assessed and managed to avoid adverse impacts on the project
• Identification, assessment and adoption of the best technical solution.
• Client Interface management comprising: infrastructure planners, project resource, Direct Labour / Construction team, System Operator, property & consents, procurement and Alliance Delivery Members (ADMs) as well as co-ordinating & attending necessary site meetings.
• Risk and CDM management.
you must also have the following qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
• Chartered Engineer.
• Experience of computer based calculation packages.
• Member of IET and CIGRE is encouraged
If you feel you fit the criterior my client is looking for, then please forward your CV to:
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.