Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
I have a new opportunity available for a QHSE / HSEQ Superintendent to join a leading Maritime company in London. This is a great opportunity to join a leading Maritime company known for it's operations in LNG, Bulk and Tankers.
Job DescriptionHSE Superintendent
£55k - £65k per annum + benefits
I am supporting a global Maritime company to assist them with the search for a HSE Superintendent to join their office in London.
For this position I am looking to speak with Maritime professionals who have deck or engineering sailing experience followed by work experience within a HSE / QHSE position with familiarity of ISM / ISPS Audits.
Knowledge of LNG Operations is essential whether this has been gained from working as an Auditor, Surveyor or Superintendent.
Role and Responsibilities
- Planning Responsibilities (Plan)
- Develops Safety Awareness Program's
- Reviewing the processes of Near Misses, Accidents and Incidents
- Interfacing with Regulatory Agencies: Class and Flag State Administrations to manage compliance of the fleet
- Assists in providing development of procedures and processes, compliant with regulatory, voluntary or expected customer standards for inclusion in the Company's documented SMS
- Assists in planning routine emergency response development and arrangements Planning of Officer Seminars
Operational Responsibilities (Do)
- Promote Health and Safety as Corporate Values
- Interfaces with Managers, Fleet Managers, responsible Vessel Managers, Voyage Managers, ships officers and crews on HSE issues.
- Oversees the use of the Occurrence Management Software for assigned vessels
- Participates in emergency drills as an Emergency Team Member
- Monitors vessel movements and provides guidance on security matters when deemed necessary
- Updates the approved ship specific Ship Security Plans (SSP) when considered necessary
- Assists with supervision of the MOC process
- Oversees the Permit to Work and Risk Assessment work processes for assigned vessels
- Performs audits of assigned vessels and office
- Monitors KPI's of assigned vessels
- Reporting of safety performance to charterers
- Attends industry and Company officer seminars when required.
Performance Monitoring Responsibilities (Check)
- Monitors the safety performance of assigned vessels under management and intervenes when required.
- Internal Auditor within the Virtual Audit Team
- Monitors effectiveness of safety awareness programmes
- Reviews and Reports on the effectiveness and relevance of the SMS, EMS, SOPEP and Ship Security Plans
Responsibilities for Driving Improvement (Act)
- Coordinates close out of findings or recommendations for improvement that may arise from HSE and audit activity within the stated time frame with the responsible manager.
- Assists in the development of procedures and processes, compliant with new and existing regulatory, voluntary or expected customer standards for inclusion in the Company's documented SMS
-Auditor accredited with ISM/ISO accredited organisation
-Deck or Engineering officer or suitable higher level education such as: BA/BSc Degree
-Experience in HSE & QA position
-Knowledge of LNG Operations
Please Note - Candidates will need to have the right to live and work in the UK including the willingness to relocate to London.
Please contact Cassie Moore for more information.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.