I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
HR Advisor required - 18 month contract...
Job DescriptionHR Advisor
18 month contract
My Edinburgh based client currently require a HR Advisor to provide proactive and professional HR support to the appropriate business areas to ensure maximum operational performance from the Business. They are a leading specialist in electronic and information technologies that support defence and aerospace applications and need a candidate who can cover an 18 month secondment.
* Excellent understanding of the various HR functional activities.
* Understanding of the organisation, the business products and services and how HR can support the business objectives.
* Achieve and maintain professional credibility with internal customers.
* Establish professional relationships with peers and employees that reflect the company values.
* Maintain excellent communication within the function and business contacts.
* Develop competence in management of employee relation issues as assigned.
* Work in virtual teams across the business on project work where appropriate.
* Managing multiple tasks and priorities in the demanding and complex business environment.
* Deliver, and share, best HR practice.
Key responsibility areas
* HR Business Partner for specific area of responsibility leading the provision of appropriate resource management, performance management , reward and L&D practices.
* Working with the HR team and the business to mature and embed the People Plan aligned to the Company's People Management Framework.
* Giving guidance to the business group in all employee relations matters, supporting disciplinary and grievances.
* Working with the management team to identify the people priorities to deliver high performance.
* Working in partnership with the outsourced HR provider to ensure a seamless delivery of operational and administrative HR service.
* Resource planning specifically ensuring that the correct skill mix is available to meet the business requirements
* Facilitation and coaching of managers
* Working closely with the Trade Unions
Reporting to VP HR, the HR Advisor will play a full part in the HR team.
Working with all members of the HR team locally and cross business as required.
* Understanding of business groups requirements and robust relationships with the management team
* Ownership and management of all assigned HR support to the function of responsibility.
Please note: Due to the nature of the business you will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.