1st line Helpdesk Engineer - Epsom Permanent £23,000 - £25,000 + Benefits The Company A leading solutions and managed services provider with expertise in Infrastructure solutions involving leading vendors such as Microsoft, VMware, HP, NetApp and Cisco require an engineer to be based onsite with their customer based in Epsom.
Job Description1st line Helpdesk Engineer - Epsom
£23,000 - £25,000 + Benefits
A leading solutions and managed services provider with expertise in Infrastructure solutions involving leading vendors such as Microsoft, VMware, HP, NetApp and Cisco require an engineer to be based onsite with their customer based in Epsom.
Based in Epsom 80-90% of the time, with fully expensed travel to their customer in London the other 10-20%.
You will be reasonable for managing queues with the Service Desk Tool and fulfils incidents and requests within the commitments on the Customer Support Agreement (SLAs, KPIs). The main objective within the role of Helpdesk Engineer is to ensure the support is provided in an accurate, and effective way.
Ideal qualifications and experience
- You will ideally be working towards the MCSE qualification. Other qualifications such as MCP and CompTIA A+ are highly desired.
- Hardware Knowledge - PC's, Laptops, Servers and Printers.
- Essential knowledge - Windows XP, Windows 7, Internet Explorer, Outlook 2010, Office 2010, Anti-Virus, Domino, Windows Remote Support Tools and Network Infrastructure.
- Desired knowledge - Windows Server 2003, 2008; Networking, Active Directory, SCCM, Apple / MAC devices.
- Strong Communication, Literacy and Numeracy skills.
- Experience in a desktop support role (two years), desktop build and troubleshooting
- Experience in a technical customer facing role
Ideal soft skills
- Hunger to achieve - Driven to achieve through self-motivation, being seen as determined and responsible. Must be enthusiastic with a 'Can Do' attitude.
- Taking Responsibility - Willingness to show initiative, owns responsibility of managing the call queues within target resolution times. Owns up to issues and looks for ways to prevent recurring errors.
- Planning and Organisation - Being systematic, organised, planning effectively and methodically.
- Team working - To work with a positive approach within a team environment, sharing ideas and working together to improve customer service.
- Quality focus - Concern for quality, attentive to detail and willing to try to improve personal performance.
- Communication - Clarity and confidence in written and verbal communication
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Analysing problems, getting to the heart of the matter quickly, and being able to critically evaluate different ideas. Suggests permanent fixes.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.