My specialist area covers a broad spectrum of roles across various disciplines and skills within the information technology sector. I specialise in working with business analysts, business architects and project managers, predominantly in the utilities and marine sectors.
Helpdesk Administrator (2nd Line) Location: Coventry £20,000-25,000 dependent on experience
Job DescriptionHelpdesk Administrator (2nd Line)
£20,000-25,000 dependent on experience
My client is one of the world's leading automotive consultancies who specialise in powertrain/engine systems for a global customer base. In the UK, they provide consultancy services to some of the major automotive and off-highway OEM's on their current and future vehicle programmes.
They have recently implemented an IT helpdesk and ticketing system to support their remote IT support needs, therefore they are hiring a Helpdesk Administrator (2nd Line)
- Managing IT tickets in the RemedyForce system for users across the Coventry office location with occasional support of the Basildon office tickets too
- Resolving tickets within SLA's to ensure a high standard of service to our users
- Identify and trend recurring issues and see whether a change in process or a training need is required
- Diagnosing hardware and software faults
- Produce knowledge articles to enable users to solve frequently occurring issues themselves
- Liaising with the Central IT team in our head office in Austria for more complex issues Remote desktop support for users who are not in the office
- Software installation and some asset and license management responsibility
- Imaging new machines for new starters using SCCM
- Ensure that any major network faults are identified and users are kept informed of when the services are likely to be available again
- A proven track record in a helpdesk environment (up to 2nd line, there is no 3rd line requirement)
- Track record of remote desktop support (many users are off site or at customer locations)
- Knowledge of Desktops, Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Office Suite, VOIP telephony systems, WSUS updates, Firewalls, Anti-Virus, Wireless and VPN
- Ability to work well as an independent problem solver as well as part of a small cross-site team
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively to ensure business continuity
- IT Support document writing
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally to the wider business and senior management when required.
- Must be flexible (very occasional requirement to work outside of normal hours)
- Backing up and restoring user data (Avamar)
- Software installations support
- Ability to use IT monitoring tools to spot IT issues proactively rather than reactively
- Asset Management and Software license management
- Working with the RemedyForce system
- An interest in the automotive industry
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Working within an ISO27001 ISO9001 environment
- Incident/Problem Management exposure
- Server room and cabling/patching
- Imaging brand new machines
- System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Ordering IT Hardware and handling purchase orders
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. Our industry coverage includes, but is not limited to: Infrastructure and Built Environment, IT (including Security, Communications, SaaS, ERP, IT Sales, and more) Oil and Gas, Defence, Engineering and Technology, Technical Sales, Energy, Space, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and much, much more. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.