The range of roles I help recruit for is as wide as it is varied. In the (ARM Corporate Services) Engineering Division, I support a range of high profile global companies within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries, which means an ongoing, steep, learning curve.
Head Of Commercial
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Head Of Commercial
An international satellite company is looking for someone to join its team in Guildford, Surrey, and head the Commercial department. The company specialises in the design and manufacture of small satellites and develops space missions throughout their life cycle.
Job DescriptionThey are looking for someone to manage all Contracts, Sub-contract & Procurement functions, encompassing strategy, policy, leadership, team development and continuous improvement.
* Develop and implement a clearly defined and company-wide purchasing strategy (including supplier selection & continued evaluation) seeking agreement from key stakeholders.
* Challenge, enhance and standardise existing procurement practices to ensure conformity of approach, generate economies of scale and deliver improved value for money.
* Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
* Work collaboratively with finance on departmental and wider organisational forecasts, where procurement has an impact.
* Act in a supporting / mentoring capacity to manage the tendering process for large strategic purchases.
* Build excellent supplier relationship management capability within the team and through continuous business improvement.
* Realise and deliver cost savings, together with a range of additional benefits including improved supplier performance, improved quality of service and total cost of performance along with risk management.
* Oversee procurement system and data strategy; Implement new tools to support the function and the wider business.
* Responsibility for all aspects of Contracts & Subcontract management.
* Liaison with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the Contract & Subcontract element of all bid and project activities is subject to commercial/ contractual rigour.
* Assisting / resolving contractual and commercial problems. Working with contract managers and offering direction and instruction. Ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties.
* Ensure there is a continued assessment of Subcontractor performance.
* Development of strategic business relationships / partnerships with (key) suppliers
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* A degree or equivalent in an engineering or technical or commercial/business subject.
* Demonstrable experience in Procurement & Contracts / Subcontract Management in the Aerospace Industry at leadership level.
* Experience of drafting & negotiating contract terms and conditions including subcontracts, NDAs, MOUs, licenses and all other commercial agreements required in accordance with governance.
Knowledge & Skills
* Highly driven and results orientated, with ability to deliver under pressure.
* Excellent communication, presentational and interpersonal skills
* Creative thinker with ability to think 'outside the box'.
* Highly developed understanding of contractual/programmatic risk coupled with a pragmatic approach to its mitigation.
* Ability to plan and manage own work.
* A strong leader, able to inspire and motivate within a matrix environment.
* Able to influence key decision makers internally & externally.
* Able to manage budgets and undertake financial forecasting.
* Self-motivated and proactive, enjoy working under pressure.
* Comfortable with complexity and ambiguity and an appetite to address tough commercial challenges.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.