The range of roles I help recruit for is as wide as it is varied. In the (ARM Corporate Services) Engineering Division, I support a range of high profile global companies within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries, which means an ongoing, steep, learning curve.
A contract Software Engineer is required on a 6-month basis to work on earth observation, navigation and science missions in Stevenage.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with excellent technical skills in C++ & Java and experience in the simulator/test rig development projects to join our team as a key member for the development of space mission related functional simulators and hardware in the loop test benches.
As an experienced engineer you will design, develop and integrate specific modules of the simulator as well as support the technical follow of external teams involved in the development of some of the models. You will work closely with the engineering teams of the space mission project to ensure the successful development and use of the test benches.
The main technical activities include: technical requirements analysis, software design and implementation, technical follow up of external teams, system integration, testing and delivery of the benches. The software implementation is done in C++, with Java used as the test language and the simulator is developed in a Linux environment.
The project involves transnational activities across departments in the UK, France and Germany. As part of your role you should be able to travel occasionally and for short periods within Europe. This role reports to the Project Manager and the Department Manager.
* Modelling requirements engineering;
* Software model design and architecture;
* Technical follow-up and responsibility of the models developed by the external subcontractor;
* System integration and verification;
* System delivery and acceptance;
* Work as a technical expert in specific areas of the simulator;
* Conduct code reviews and inspections;
* Support the users of the test benches
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
* Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related discipline;
* Excellent knowledge and skills in C++ and Java design and development;
* Knowledge of one or more of the following data protocols: SpaceWire, MilSTD 1553;
* Knowledge of ECSS software standards is desirable.
* Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle;
* Experience in development and testing of software simulators or hardware-in-the loop test rigs (preferably in the aerospace domain);
* Excellent experience in C++ and Java software development;
* Experience in the development of functional models;
* Working knowledge of Linux OS; of the Eclipse SDE would be desirable;
* Experience in the software lifecycle; requirements, design, development, integration, testing, delivery and acceptance;
* Experience in technical follow up/interfacing to external teams is desirable;
* Working knowledge on Real Time software, would be advantageous
* Self-motivated and autonomous; able to work within a dynamic team;
* Able to operate effectively under pressurised project constraints;
* Strong communication skills;
* Proactive and honest engagement with colleagues and the customers
Please note: Successful candidates must be willing to undergo UK Security Clearance checks.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.