The range of roles I help recruit for is as wide as it is varied. In the (ARM Corporate Services) Engineering Division, I support a range of high profile global companies within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries, which means an ongoing, steep, learning curve.
Fuel Chemistry Specialist
Fuel Chemistry Specialist
A Defence and Aerospace company is looking for a Fuel Chemist to join its team in Bristol on a contract basis. The purpose of this role is to support the 'Fuel Expert' within the company. This person will bring with them the technical knowledge of fuel chemistry and liaise with suppliers.
Job DescriptionPreferably with an oil refinery background, the Fuel Chemist must be degree-qualified and have aviation fuel experience.
- Support to fuel, additive and incidental material clearance, technical aspects of formal clearance for continued in-service usage. In addition, providing technical support for non-revenue flight demonstrations, flight/ground testing, aircraft production issues (Mise au Point) and in-service Customer Support queries where required.
- Support fuel systems equipment suppliers with new fuels & additives clearance activity - fluid mechanical and fuel quantity indication (FQI) equipment;
- Support, in harmony with the WPL and Expert, other domains within the company regarding clearance activity:
* Powerplant & Auxiliary Power Unit Integration;
* Materials & Processes;
* Fuel Systems Customer Support);
* Safety & Reliability;
* Systems Sales & Marketing;
- Co-maintain & contribute to the overall process for reviewing and analysing data from new fuel production pathways, new additives or incidental material approvals, determining acceptability of such materials, updating the process based on in-service experience, lessons learnt, new data and output from related Research & Technology projects.
- Support fuel continual product development activity and new aircraft development programmes with regards to fuel & additive compatibility (equipment qualification, rig testing as well as aircraft ground & flight test).
- Contribute to and review the fuel chemistry aspects of R&T project proposals, monitoring & reviewing output from projects on an ongoing basis.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills and competences:
* Degree in engineering or chemistry, or equivalent industry experience;
* Knowledge of fuel system specification and design;
* Knowledge of fuel production, supply, quality assurance and industry regulation;
* Knowledge of turbo-machinery design and airframe integration would be advantageous;
* Experience in project management would be a plus;
* Good communication skills with ability to influence and to work in a multicultural environment;
* Ability to react to rapid change that will arise during the course of performing the role, prioritising tasks based on potential impact to the company, balanced with the needs of internal and external stakeholders;
* Dynamism and autonomy;
* Fluent in English. Negotiation level in either French, Spanish or German would be advantageous.
Please note: Successful candidates must be willing to undergo UK Security Clearance Checks.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.