Flight Test Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Flight Test Engineer
A global aeronautics and space specialist is looking for a Flight Test Engineer to join its team in Farnborough for a 12-month contract.
Job DescriptionYou will work on solar-powered high-altitude pseudo-satellites and be responsible for the following:
* Capturing diverse flight test requirements and creating safe and resilient integrated test plans to deliver the required data efficiently
* Steering flight test programmes through internal and external approvals including detailed risk assessment and safety management
* Directing the conduct of test flying campaigns and participating as part of the operating crew
* Gathering flight test data and writing authoritative post-flight and technical reports
* Contributing to the continuing development of concepts of operation
* Suitably qualified individuals will also be required to operate the system during routine (non-test flying) activities
* The successful candidate may be required to travel with the role to a number of different locations.
Essential skills and experience:
* Recognised flight test qualification with at least two years flight test experience
* Substantial experience working in a multi-disciplinary aerospace technical team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with substantial experience in authoring technical reports
Desirable skills and experience:
* Formal Flight Test qualification (preferably graduate of a one-year Class A flight test course or equivalent)
* Experience in testing automatic flight control systems, unmanned aircraft systems, low-speed aerodynamics and airborne systems
* Qualification and aerospace experience in safety engineering and operating risk management
* A pilot's licence or other relevant flying experience
* Degree-level qualification in an engineering or related technical subject
* Successful candidates must be willing to undergo UK Security Clearance checks
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.