The typical job roles which I recruit for include Project Engineers, Project Managers, Electrical / Mechanical Engineers, Electrical / Mechanical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Reliability Engineers, RAMS Consultants and Senior Management. I currently work within the Manufacturing & Technologies…
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
We are looking for a Financial Assistant with Shipnet experience to join our maritime client in London. Shipnet experience is highly desirable.
Job DescriptionFinancial Assistant
£26k - £32k per annum
My client, a global shipping organisation is seeking a Financial Assistant to support the Fleet Manning Cost Controller.
For this position candidates will need to have experience of working within the financial department of a shipping company and will have experience of using Shipnet software.
You will be assisting the Fleet Manning Financial Analyst and Cost Controller and Finance Manager in monitoring and processing of operating expenditure (OPEX) and the provision of detailed analysis and commentary to identify areas of cost saving, with particular emphasis on the cost effective management of crewing.
Reporting to: Fleet Manning Financial Analyst and Cost Controller
Level of authority: Under supervision Instruct crew managers/agents to extent that Company requirements for reporting and reporting formats are maintained / upheld. Financial authority governed by a board-approved table of financial authority (TOFA).
Responsible for: Processing invoices and the oversight of crew managers accounting services and their invoicing process of crewing costs.
Planning Responsibilities - (Plan)
- Anticipate and drive Safe and Flawless Performance of assigned vessels' operational requirements including:
- Understand and become familiar with the wage scales, allowances and other manning related costs charged back to vessel owners in accordance with manning agreements. Scheduled and unscheduled maintenance repairs
- Develop a process of tracking monthly crewing costs to ensure costs are recharged in line with agreed contractual and budgeted rates and accounted for in correct cost center's
- Work with the finance department to evaluate current work streams and provide enhance approval process.
- Work with Manning Agents and Provision provider to ensure correct accountability and precise coding procedures also assist in audits when called upon.
Other duties as directed
Operational Responsibilities - (Do)
- Process Manning invoices into accounting software, these will consist of various crew costs/codes and detailed review before approval and also input accruals.
- Formatting / Management of High Risk Bonus / Armed Guards / China Recharges also providing journal entry to clear the balance sheets & Processing of Indian Portage Bills.
- Assisting in Presenting the budget in a format suitable for shareholder approval and financial analysis
- Maintain document files and format sending of outstanding Personal Injury P&I claims also send quarterly report to Tokyo head office.
- Assist in Crewing budgetary requirements for commercial team in regards to future possible contracts.
- Provide assistance in crewing information for various benchmarking reports and precious associate reports
- Analyse KPI Report on Quarterly basis for the Crewing factors sent out by finance manager
- Reacting / Set up controls to New Service Agreements for Chinese Projects, Wage Deferrals and Retaining of officers. Also other Possible Agreements in future. Provide Technical and Operational support and guidance to assigned vessels
Performance monitoring responsibilities - (Check)
- Ensure accurate calculation and recharge of foreign currency transactions carried out by the manning agents
- Sign off and approve all manning costs / invoices prior to payment.
Responsibilities for Driving Improvement - (Act)
- Review budget preparation process and recommend improvements to the current format
- Provide Assistance and Guidance to the Finance Analyst on all finance manning matters
- Assist in making quarterly OPEX reports Commentaries on quarterly basis for group information exchange committee internally and externally.
- Assisting in providing ad hoc financial analysis for Commercial Team.
- Possible Administration of Cash to Master, Filipino Wages and Documentation of Filipino Manning.
Candidates will need to have the right to live and work in the EU and be willing to relocate to London.
Please contact Cassie Moore for more information.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.