Aiden specialises in contract recruitment within the Automotive industry, recruiting for a range of roles within design, purchasing, quality and simulation engineering.
Field Technical Support Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Field Technical Support Engineer
Have you had enough of being stuck in an office all day? Would you like the opportunity to travel to different sites completing diagnostics work on high performance luxury vehicles? This opportunity with a bespoke automotive OEM allows this opportunity.
Job DescriptionJob Purpose
To provide direct On Territory Technical Support and assistance to Global Dealer network, and where appropriate directly to owners with the objective of providing a Best in Class service, also targeted at recovering complex and challenging situations to prevent brand defection.
To provide technical assistance and recommendations for Customer vehicles operated in all markets through visits to the Dealership network and/or customer locations. Additionally provide suggestions on the most appropriate field fix to ensure that customer concerns are rectified without delay, feeding solutions back to head office.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
* Conduct Field Support visits, with minimal pre warning, as arranged and at the direction of the Department Manager. This can include overnight stays as required.
* Record data as required as a Field Technical Engineer Report, hard copy and electronic, using recognised company template and report.
* Available as required to cover office-based telephone Technical and Customer Service duties, including at overseas offices, as requested by the Department Manager.
* Participate in relevant training / product information exchanges with appropriate data sources in order to keep fully updated with product range and associated technologies.
* Liaise with all relevant cross-functional departments on vehicle case histories / trends and analysis to gather base data.
* Accept other assignments (responsibility for Dealer technical surveys, analysis, investigation, audits etc.) as determined by the Department Manager.
* Generate and circulate After Sales data to Plant Quality / Product Development / Company Management / Customer / Customer Dealer staff when necessary
* Liaise with Dealership personnel at all levels.
* Complete and provide supportive information for Company documentation as necessary (Travel Expense Reports, Timesheets etc.) In a timely and accurate manner
Qualifications & Experience
* Extensive knowledge of the Company's products plus an understanding of servicing, maintenance and diagnostic procedures is desirable, as well as possessing the ability to present and communicate at all levels; both in writing and verbally.
* An analytical mind with a thorough understanding of Diagnostic Systems/Equipment.
* Ability to deal with sensitive situations and empathetic when dealing with customer concerns.
* Candidates applying for this position will ideally hold an appropriate Technical or Production engineering qualification.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to interact with customers and Dealers at all levels. High level of ambassadorial skills, with an affable and presentable demeanour.
* A full clean driving license is essential
* Computer & IT Literate.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.