I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Field Service Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Field Service Engineer
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Field Service Engineer to be based in Cheltenham. The role conducts technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Field Service Engineer
Salary: Up to £35,000 + Benefits
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Field Service Engineer to be based in Cheltenham. This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £35,000 + fantastic company benefits. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
The programme requires a competent Field Service Engineer to support the ATE Test Stations installed in the UK, Europe and the Middle-East. The Field Engineer will be based at the office in Cheltenham, with travel expected to multiple sites within the UK & abroad.
The main duties will include but not be limited to:
* Provide Maintainer support for operation, maintenance, installation, calibration and modification of Automated Test Equipment.
* Analyse electronic equipment failures to determine the cause and then take the required corrective action.
* Maintain test stations at an operational availability of greater than 85%.
* Provide guidance and training to customer personnel on operational procedures and techniques.
* Implement preventive maintenance programs and keep performance and maintenance records on equipment availability.
* Use Automated Depot Information System (ADIS) to order, receive, and ship assets to and from the Depot in Orlando, Florida, USA ensuring compliance with both company and customer site policies.
* Perform site surveys, system installations and station movements as requested by the customer and authorised by Programme Management.
* Interfaces with customer representatives and maintains customer satisfaction with equipment and systems.
* Participates in planning and preparation of technical and progress reports on assigned projects.
* Automated Test Equipment maintenance/test integration experience.
* Proficient computer skills, particularly with troubleshooting computer hardware and software rebuild procedures.
* Good oral/written communication skills.
* Flexible, team-player with ability to manage high volume and multi-task activities within assigned time constraints.
* Comfortable with change and willing to adapt.
* Able to travel, often at short notice.
* Willingness to lean new techniques and software programs.
* Must be highly motivated, self-reliant and well organised with excellent time management and customer service skills.
* A 'self-managed' approach, as all work will be undertaken at individual customer sites.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision.
* Must be able to work without supervision and be capable of making informed decisions, sometimes with limited information available.
* Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements required for access to classified information.
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.