Meet James, who specialises in Microsoft Cloud Technologies jobs within the IT industry.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
My client is one of the largest lifestyle clothing and accessories retailers in the UK. They are currently looking for an ETL Developer to design, configure, and transform the availability, of all databases and data sources. This role will involve assisting, maintaining, and developing new ETL solutions to meet the requirements and data needs. The role will require a good level of DBA experience to ensure the environment is optimised and patched for ongoing development projects.
Job DescriptionJob Role: ETL Developer
Salary: Up to £45,000
My client is one of the largest lifestyle clothing and accessories retailers in the UK. They are currently looking for an ETL Developer to design, configure, and transform the availability, of all databases and data sources. This role will involve assisting, maintaining, and developing new ETL solutions to meet the requirements and data needs. This role will be working closely with B.I. Developer and the IT Department to capture new requirements and find opportunities to improve the reporting and analysis services they offer. The role will require a good level of DBA experience to ensure the environment is optimised and patched for ongoing development projects.
Experience level / Qualification level
***Experience of Microsoft SQL SSIS development.***
Experience as a DBA in an equivalent sized company or technical environment.
Microsoft SQL Server qualifications are an advantage
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
* Data Platforms and Development
* Development of new ETL solutions to meet the requirements and data needs of the business.
* Build processes and procedures to ensure a streamline solution deployment.
* Analysis and review of current data processing and put forward strategies for improvement.
* Seek ways of improving our technical and logical data environments.
* Proactively manage and maintain security standards and controls.
* Ensure all data sources are secure and access is controlled, reviewed and auditable.
* Ensure all data and database platform solutions are highly available.
* Maintain the underlying data platform (SQL, File Servers, Application Servers, etc.) for availability and efficiency.
* Maintain the lifecycle and capacity management of all data technologies.
* Delivery of detailed data migration strategies for application and database upgrades, and new target business applications.
* Be the technical authority on data and database designs; turning requirements into logical data layouts for new data sources and ensuring databases are implemented and maintained well.
* Liaise with third-parties who provide support, technical services, data feeds or consultancy.
* Support B.I., application and middleware developers in their efforts to integrate and report on data in an accurate, reliable manner.
* Provide third-line support & escalation for day-to-day operational issues.
* Proactively manage, monitor and maintain all data sources.
* Configure, maintain and get maximum value from proactive monitoring and analysis tools.
* Control and review authentication sources and security schemas.
* The role will contribute to the management of the environment to ensure the security and integrity of data working
* The role will require a good level of DBA experience to ensure the environment is optimised and patched for ongoing development projects.
* Build strong relationships in the business to understand business objectives, specific data requirements and how the data you maintain adds value to the business
* Strong experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2016 versions
* Strong Technical skills in Microsoft SQL Server technologies in SSIS and TSQL.
* Strong experience using Visual Studio and facilitating source control software.
* Strong operational experience in performance management, troubleshooting and configuration.
* Experience of performance tuning and optimising T-SQL, Stored procedures and indexing.
* Detailed technical knowledge of SQL technologies and processes for the maintenance and monitoring of databases and SQL Server.
* Knowledge of creating and improving data warehouses using SSIS and SSAS and appropriate warehouse methodologies
* Knowledge of.Net and Oracle database technology is desirable
* Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Clustering Services, Security and Networking protocols and how they relate to database platforms and data availability
* Knowledge cloud-based or hosted database platforms such as Amazon AWS RDS and similar technologies.
* Knowledge of encryption technologies, Data Protection, PCI-DSS and other relevant governance and compliance standards and how they specifically relate to data and databases.
* Knowledge of technologies such as JIRA and Solarwinds an advantage.
* Able to train and educate others via documentation, on-the-job training, workshops and day-to-day working.
* Highly organised and structured in your work and technical delivery.
* Excellent communication skills; confident in your ability to describe highly technical detail in plain English to a non-technical audience.
* Able to translate business requirements into technical solutions and designs.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.