I specialise in the sourcing and acquisition of talent within the oil and gas market. I work with oil and gas professionals, as well as those seeking to transfer their skills into this exciting industry. The typical roles I recruit for include mechanical design, mechanical engineering, electrical design, project management, production and manufacturing.
Seeking a Production Engineer/Estimator to provide estimates, review drawings and produce routings for shop floor colleagues.
Job DescriptionProduction Engineer / Estimator
As the UK Manufacturing industry continues to grow, our Hampshire based client are looking to follow suit by bringing onboard a Production Engineer / Estimator. The client who are within reach of the Hampshire coast and currently manufacture precision components primarily for the Oil & Gas market but are investing in new markets due to new enquiries in these fields and are looking to safe guard their future.
Due to new market investments they are currently looking for a Production Engineer / Estimator to join their team.
In this role you will be responsible for;
- Providing estimates in response to RFQ (REQUEST FOR QUOTES). These estimates will include machine times, overall lead times and also include any subcontract processes.
- Reviewing drawings and documents provided by the customer and seeking further supplementary information where necessary through the sales team. The estimator will use his/her engineering skills to determine a competitive time to complete the work piece.
- Consulting with colleagues within operations e.g. production and procurement as necessary to compile a realistic estimate which may be entered on to our Javelin MRP system.
- After consultation with planning lead times will then be provided to sales.
- Producing routings for the shop floor which accurately reflect the process requirement
- By finalising orders, the Production engineer/ estimator will then generate a more detailed routing for the production works order. This work will provide all necessary information required by the shop floor.
- Providing tooling information and identify the requirement for a stage drawing. Other instructions relating to quality (customer witness & NDE for example)
- Secondary duties: Associated production engineering duties to provide support to production as required, CNC programing skills would be a useful benefit.
For this position you will either be a Production Engineer with estimation / costing experience or currently working as an Estimator but will need to have a background in CNC Precision Engineering to understand the Manufacturing process.
Experience of working within a highly regulated industry would be preferred such as working to AS9001.
- Precision Engineering background
- Experience using MRP software and Microsoft office
- Capable of compiling accurate costings
- Track record of generating estimates for quotes in a subcontract engineering environment
- Team player with a flexible attitude
- Machining experience
- Javelin MRP experience
- CNC programing skills
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.