I am a recruitment specialist in the aerospace and defence domain. My skills include resourcing experienced and highly-skilled individuals for roles and projects such as quality assurance, programme support and project management.
Environmental Trials Technician
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Environmental Trials Technician
ENVIRONMENTAL TRIALS TECHNICIAN - ESSEX - £27,500 Have you recently finished a Mechanical or Electro-Mech engineering apprenticeship or are you a Mechanical Technician? Do you have a keen interest in the testing military equipment, from bullets to missiles>? If yes, my client - a leading Defence & Aerospace company - will want to see your CV! Please read on and apply below
Job DescriptionJob Title: Environmental Trials Technician
Location: Shoeburyness, Essex
Salary: up to £27,500
An exciting opportunity to join a high performing team of multi-disciplinary engineers delivering critical test and evaluation of defence related products. As part of this team you will develop the necessary skills to simulate some of the most challenging environments in the world to ensure that the systems are ultimately safe and suitable for service.
The successful candidate will ideally be currently SC Cleared or must be able to obtain SC Clearance. We cannot consider your application if you do not meet this criteria.
- The successful candidate will work within the team at the Environmental Test Centre at MOD Shoeburyness. You will deliver complex testing of high value assets to assess their performance within the demanding operational environments that the systems will be subjected to throughout their operational life.
- To achieve this you will develop the understanding as to how to stimulate test assets with vibration, shock, climatic and temperature profiles as well as the inspection and radiography of the equipment throughout the test regime.
- You will support the set-up and conduct of trials under the supervision of the suitably qualified environmental engineers in accordance with the customer specifications & working procedures ensuring a compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities.
- Drive and determination to achieve goals and progress your experience and knowledge to work towards engineering status and beyond.
- You must be able to work well as part of a team
- Be flexible and adaptable to the many and varied challenges faced by this role.
- Have the ability to become proficient in Environmental Testing.
- Undertake further theoretical education and courses as required to develop your knowledge and experience.
- Undertake interdepartmental movements of test items.
- Undertake duties assigned by the team leader & environmental trials engineers.
- Undertake duties within all environmental departments, dependant on departmental workload
-Active team member
-Committed to achievement
-Excellent Communication skills
-Proactive & self motivated
-Flexible in delivering additional volumes and working hours.
-Formal Apprenticeship or equivalent
-Knowledge and experience within a relevant engineering subject.
Knowledge of environmental engineering highly desirable
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.