I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking an Environmental Engineer to be based on site in Bedfordshire. The successful candidate will be a Subject Matter Expert in this field, to allow support, mentoring and guidance to be provided throughout the Company and Customer stakeholder community. This is a permanent opportunity with a salary up to £55,000 per annum. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Environmental Engineer
Salary: Up to £55,000
Location: Bedfordshire (Commutable from: Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton, Stevenage, Leighton Buzzard, Northampton)
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking an Environmental Engineer to be based on site in Bedfordshire. This is a permanent opportunity with a salary up to £55,000 per annum. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
The successful candidate will be a Subject Matter Expert in this field, to allow support, mentoring and guidance to be provided throughout the Company and Customer stakeholder community. The role will fall within the Mechanical Engineering Team.
* Knowledge of the development process from requirement definition, compliance verification, analysis and test and the multiple stages in the process from concept design proving through to Qualification.
* Requirements specification: Ability to define mechanical and climatic environmental requirements from first principals or by extracting and expanding on the relevant information from Customer documentation.
* Compliance Verification: Ability to determine the appropriate method of providing compliance evidence against the environmental requirements (Design, Test, Assessment) as part of the evidence chain for the Certificate of Design and capturing the information in proving documentation or DOORS.
* Analysis: Experience in vibration and shock analysis and assessment. This will include analysis of data from military land, sea or air systems. Able to produce instrumentation plans for data gathering.
* Test: Knowledge and experience in defining trial programmes and the application of tests from Def Stan 00-35, BS EN 60068, STANAG 4370, Mil Std 810, etc. Ability to precisely define mechanical and climatic tests and produce the associated test documentation and be able to objectively review subcontractor trial programmes.
* Experience with specific, relevant military platforms such as ground vehicles, air weapons, medium and large missiles, unguided air weapons and hypersonic vehicles will be highly useful.
* Knowledge of MRS (Maximum Response Spectrum), SRS (Shock Response Spectrum) and FDS (Fatigue Damage Spectrum) analysis techniques would be beneficial as well as the use of tools such as nCode, LMS, etc.
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.