My areas of expertise are automotive OEM, consultancy, tier one suppliers and medical engineering, within mechanical and electrical engineering. I have been successful placing engineers, from graduate to chief engineer level within automotive engineering, covering controls and electronics, chassis engineering, body engineering, test and development engineers on various commodities.
Environment, Health & Safety Manager
Environment, Health & Safety Manager
Our internationally renowned diesel engine manufacturer is looking or an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to join them in Peterborough on a permanent basis.
Job DescriptionEnvironmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager - (Job Number: 160006J0)
Job Title: Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
Salary: £54,992 - £68,000 depending on experience
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, 20% Bonus, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Childcare Vouchers, Life Insurance, Car Allowance and Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire - part home working will be considered
Hours: Full Time - 37 - flexible start/finish times will be considered
Travel: Moderate travel required (5% - 15% of working time).
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not support with this role
Closing Date: Tuesday 25 October
Job Reference: 160006JO
The Industrial Power Systems Division is a large part of the organisation and is a high volume diesel engine manufacturer. The Peterborough site is one of largest European facilities and continues to drive growth and development into the products and processes that support the production of our engines. Our people and the environment are critical business deliverables and we are seeking a professional to join the team in support of advancing our practices within the IPSD business both in Peterborough and across the globe.
The function resides within the Operations department is tasked with HS&E as well as site services, this function will drive the ongoing improvements in our site performance for these key functional deliverables and will lead a team in the execution of their practices. The leader of this function will play a critical role as a influencing force within the operations space whilst forming a global network that supports connecting multiple sites with the progression of our strategy.
As a Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager you will manage and develop the Peterborough site strategy for E,H & S and site infrastructure. Managing the development of all safety practices on site in Peterborough whilst sharing best practice across the Industrial Power Systems Division IPSD).
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Reporting directly to this position are Health and Safety Supervisor, Environmental Engineer and Site Services Managers.
- Provide direction to IPSD Management on environmental, health and safety compliance. This position is empowered to make critical decisions that affect compliance at IPSD and to represent IPSD during negotiations or other communications with the HSE and external legal entities working on behalf of the IPSD business.
- Identify key issues in each new regulation and how they will affect the complex and varied operations within IPSD. The occupant of this role will be accountable for developing and executing a strategy in support of the Target Zero imitative, a clear environmental strategy that progresses our site practice and manage the future vision of servicing and maintaining the sites infrastructure.
- Establish environmental health and safety goals and policies for IPSD. Work with 4 Operations Managers to establish annual goals for their respective areas whilst advancing their practices to improve in the areas of safety and environmental management.
- Develop a competent staff (5 management and 5 salaried) that handles all customer needs in the areas of environmental, health, safety and hazardous materials. This includes regulatory compliance, compliance auditing, process development and agency reporting.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of IPSD programs such as asbestos, lockout/tagout, confined space, RCRA, ergonomics, accident investigation, electrical safety, personal protective equipment, hazardous and special waste management, and hazardous materials procurement.
- Preparation and management of budget ($2.5m) and Capital ($4-6m) annually. Develop and maintain customer charges for EHS services. The position manages a work unit of primarily management/professional employees where monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is required as well as training, developing and mentoring. The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
- Typical internal customers include the employees in IPSD. The position's primary customers are internal. The position is required to drive behavioural practices, challenge where performance is under target and educate on the subject matters detailed above. This role is one where the leader must be visible, lead by example and set a vision that clearly ties to our value of integrity and excellence. In many cases this position will deal with external contracted service providers and negotiate terms and agreements that support our medical and security function.
- Ideally Educated to degree level in a related discipline / or NEBOSH qualified.
- Solid HSE back ground represented with industry experience that can be demonstrated through historical employment history. Ideally you will have a network that is active in the HS&E field and be able to demonstrate you contributions to this practice.
- A background in the environment and site management is preferred.
- Proven leadership experience, must be able to demonstrate substantial progressive leadership capability with clear links to people and process development.
- Moderate travel required (5% - 15% of working time).
- Manufacturing experience
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.