I provide skilled professionals for the engineering and operational aspects of the rail signalling and telecoms industry. My area of specialist expertise is within signalling design. I have established a very good reputation in my field and am proud to represent a large pool of extremely talented candidates.
Engineering Manager - Ilford Yard
Engineering Manager - Ilford Yard
My Client is looking to recruit an Engineering Manager to be based out of Ilford yard, The Purpose of the role is to support the CRL Project Manager to discharge the technical component of his duties under the contract in the delivery of the stabling sidings at Ilford and other enabling works.
Job DescriptionEngineering Manager
Rate c£500 Per day
6 Months +
My Client is looking to recruit an Engineering Manager to be based out of Ilford yard, The Purpose of the role is to support the CRL Project Manager to discharge the technical component of his duties under the contract in the delivery of the stabling sidings at Ilford and other enabling works. The role is also to support the relevant Heads of Discipline to discharge the CRL Technical Authority, specifically in relation to ensuring overall design configuration control and integration with the rest of the railway.
- Ensure that all design interfaces within scoped areas and at works contract boundaries are appropriately managed through Interface communication protocols
- Promote the identification, tracking and resolution / closure of interfaces with all parties
- For any agreed changes, monitor and report on the design and deliverables such that the design is delivered on time and to budget, meeting Crossrail requirements.
-Coordinate the supply of Crossrail sourced technical information to the Contractors designers and contractors to allow his programme to progress.
- ICDs: expedite design and construction ICDs to ensure these are kept up-to-date and signed off by all parties.
- EWNs / RFIs / NCRs: expedite production of, and responses to, Early Warning Notices (EWNs) / Requests For Information (RFIs) and Non Conformance Reports (NCR) as required. Work with team members to ensure that CRL responds promptly, accurately and comprehensively.
- Provide guidance, direction and briefing to the Contractors.
- Expedite the coordination, facilitation and management of interfaces, including third party interfaces, both internal and external.
- Work with team members to ensure the Contractor develops and maintains the necessary Design Logs and Hazard Logs to form part of close out handover documentation.
- Work with the CRL team members and contractor staff to prepare comprehensively for all design Gate reviews. Expedite the closure of post Gate conditions / observations.
- In due time, work with others to prepare, facilitate and close out Interim Design reviews
(IDOs) and Final Design Overviews (FDOs). Prepare "glide path" statistics to be published regularly in advance of the FDOs setting out the trend to zero of, for example, PMIs, CECs, Gate Conditions, Approvals, Assumptions, ICDs etc.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
- Cooperate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
Main challenges of the job
- Expediting submission of contractors' compliant engineering deliverables to time and budget.
- Management of the design configuration and integration of the scoped asset with others.
- Management of the process for Contractors' Technical Assurance of the design.
- Timely resolution of interface issues, each with different priorities, programme requirements etc.
- The volume, speed and variety of the issues to be addressed.
- The complexity of the T&C programme (+ above).
- A Chartered Engineer or equivalent, with proven experience in Civil Engineering, and preferably with - Rail or Depot Experience.
- Professional qualifications in electrical or mechanical engineering or an associated discipline.
- A comprehensive understanding of the issues affecting railway systems in particular the key interfaces and integrations of these systems during the design, construction, test / commissioning and operation stages of a railway depot.
- A good working knowledge of the UK railway industry and in particular the Network Rail design, development and assurance process.
- Knowledge of interoperability regulations and requirements.
- Good knowledge of construction planning and logistics.
- Experience in the management of leading consultants and staff.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidiscipline management team.
- Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.