Electrical and mechanical fields of vehicle engineering are my areas of expertise. This includes the design, development and test of electrical systems and engine/powertrain development. Powertrain development is an industry niche in which I specialise.
Engine Development Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Engine Development Engineer
Durability, performance, low emissions. The three pillars to this diesel engine manufacturer's products. If you have either a performance and emission simulation background or a mechanical development/test-rig based skill set then this role could be for you. Please apply now...
Job DescriptionDevelopment Engineer - Diesel Engines
Commutable from; Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough, Leicester, Burton-upon-Trent, Stafford, Stoke-on-Trent.
Salary; circa £30,000-£40,000 (Commensurate with ability and experience)
Diesel engines are receiving a lot of criticism in the news at the moment however that isn't stopping an engines manufacturer who are constantly striving for lower emissions, higher performance and durability.
This is the opportunity for a Development Engineer to work for a world renowned, industry leading engines company at their base in Derbyshire. They specialise in the design, development and manufacture of engines for many power generation and off-highway OEM's all around the world.
As a Development Engineer you will play a major part in the delivery of a variety of engine development programmes performing a variety of activities. These activities will include emissions testing, diesel engine calibration, working on the engine test bed, diesel engine performance simulation and CFD simulation.
The role in more detail;
- Diesel engine performance development:
- air path components (turbo charger, EGR system, manifolds, ports)
- after treatment components (SCR, DPF)
- combustion system components (FIE, piston bowl)
- Diesel engine performance simulation (e.g. 1D, WAVE, GT-Power)
- CFD simulation (air path, after treatment, combustion, EGR mixing)
- Diesel engine calibration:
- base engine emissions
- after treatment
The 'ideal candidate';
- Degree educated to Master's or PhD level in a relevant subject (Mechanical Engineering, Automotive/Aerospace Engineering or Physics.
- Test or Development experience working on engines within an OEM/Consultancy environment.
- Knowledge and usage of software packages WAVE of GT-Power would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Diesel or Gasoline engines would be beneficial.
- Can work on multiple projects at any one time simultaneously.
Keywords; Engine, Diesel, Emissions, Calibration, WAVE, GT-Power, Development Engineer, Test
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.