Electrical and mechanical fields of vehicle engineering are my areas of expertise. This includes the design, development and test of electrical systems and engine/powertrain development. Powertrain development is an industry niche in which I specialise.
EDS Design Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
EDS Design Engineer
A tier 1 supplier of automotive electrical architecture are planning for 2017 and require a number of EDS harness specialists in place for the new calendar year. If you have a background in harness design, development and supporting in to full series production then this is a great opportunity to work on one of the UK's leading OEM's electrical systems programmes...
Job DescriptionEDS Design Engineer
Commutable from; Warwick, Leamington Spa, Coventry, Solihull, Birmingham, Banbury, Northampton.
Salary from; £40,000 - £47,000 + benefits (commensurate with experience)
Interested in getting involved with current and future models of a prestigious automotive car manufacturer? Want to work for one of the biggest tier 1 suppliers in the world? Have you previously designed electrical schematics or harnesses? Have you got a good understanding of generic electrical engineering principles? Have you got a good understanding of full vehicle electrical architecture? A good understanding of harness manufacturing tools and processes?
Get in touch.
The client have lot of future projects for the UK's biggest automotive OEM and are now looking for a number of permanent EDS Engineers to support them as visibility for the next 5 years and beyond is looking very positive indeed.
Ideally you will be currently working in a similar position in either an OEM, Tier 1 or Consultancy environment as an EDS/Electrical Design Engineer/Electrical Project Engineer working on whole vehicle electrical architecture. The most highly sought after are those who have performed a full-lifecycle role from specification through circuit design, harness design, prototyping, testing and development and eventually supporting with harness manufacture.
- Ideally degree qualified in an engineering/science-based field such as; electrical, electronics, physics, automotive etc.
- A sound knowledge of electrical theory and knowing 'why' you are designing systems the way you do.
- A good knowledge of voltage drops, harness protection, wire thickness, resistance, electrical distribution etc.
- Previous background in project managing/engineering whole vehicle electrical architecture.
- Harness design and development and manufacturing processes.
- Familiar with industry standard tools such as Catia V5, VeSys, AutoCAD Electrical, Zuken E3 or similar.
- Worked within an automotive, truck, bus, military vehicle, off-highway environment.
Keywords; Electrical Design Engineer, Circuits, EDS, Harness, Schematics, Automotive, Electrical Architecture.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.