With vast experience within the Oil & Gas industry, my 20 years in recruitment have all been spent working with service and operating companies based in Aberdeen.
E2 Hydraulic Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
E2 Hydraulic Engineer
Our client has a requirement for a E2 Hydraulic Engineer based in North Yorkshire
Job DescriptionDescription of function:
To provide engineering design and support functions and to be responsible for small projects or sub-sections of larger projects, under instruction from the lead discipline engineer and project or senior engineer.
* Work with the R & D Department for the generation of ideas for developments and new products.
* To be responsible for small projects, or sub-sections of larger projects.
* To instruct and train more subordinate engineering staff.
* Produce design specifications and documentation to ISO 9001.
* To provide technical support to the production, logistics and integration departments.
* To actively assist sales and marketing in the preparation of quotes and proposals.
* Offsite engineering support for new build and existing products.
* Assist in the preparation of operating and maintenance manuals.
* Provide customer support and assist in the training of customer operating personnel.
* Other activities as directed by the engineering manager.
* To work within the requirements of company procedures and national and international regulations.
* To work within the timescales and budgets set by the company.
* To provide design on projects, using the following Hydraulic Systems engineering skills:
* Pumping systems(oil and water)
* Systems component selection, cylinders, valves, pumps, motors etc.
* Systems sizing, flow loss calculations etc.
* Geotechnical, soil mechanics and jetting calculations.
* Knowledge of control engineering and control software.
* Gas systems design, breathing and high pressure air systems
* Pipework layout and support, fitting systems etc.
* Knowledge of a range of sealing systems, uses and applications.
* Knowledge of load, deflection and stress analysis.
* Cost consciousness
* To provide design on all projects as required, within the timescales set by the company.
* Ensure the suitability for function for the engineering aspects of company products.
* Prompt replies to production , logistical and technical support questions
* Liaise with other engineering disciplines in the design of equipment and systems.
* Liaise with the Production and Logistics departments.
* Liaise with the Project Management
* Liaise with the Integration Department.
* Liaise with the R & D Department.
* Liaise with the Sales and Marketing Department.
Education / Qualifications:
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Hydraulic Systems or related/equivalent subject (lesser qualifications coupled with suitable design experience may be considered in exceptional circumstances).
· C Eng Status
* Minimum 6 years in a design environment.
* Design of ROV systems
* Offshore experience
* Sound engineering knowledge
* Attention to detail and effective checking regime
* Good verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to work in a team environment and problem solve
* Ability to liaise with other members of staff including customers and 3rd parties
* Clear technical writing
* Good record keeping
* Willingness to learn new engineering skills in a professional environment
* Attentive to ISO 9001 QA systems
* Flexibility, adaptability and professionalism, with the ability to work cooperatively as part of a multidiscipline team, or on individual projects.
* Safety conscious, attentive to QHS&E policies and regulations.
* Software skills. Microsoft Office Suite, ,
Conversant with MathCad, CAD AutoCad and Solid Works, FEA using Ansys and/or Solid Works Simulation, CFD using Ansys and/or Solid Works Flow Works
OUR CORE VALUES
* No one gets hurt – The safety of our employees and customers is our first priority coupled with a healthy respect for the environment
* Integrity – In everything we do, in every interaction, both internally and externally, we strive to operate with the upmost integrity and mutual respect
* Customer focused – Our products enhance our customer’s performance and we listen to their needs and work with them to solve their challenges.
* Good place to work – We are committed to creating a workplace that fosters innovation, teamwork and pride. Every team member is integral to our success and is treated equally and fairly.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.