With vast experience within the Oil & Gas industry, my 20 years in recruitment have all been spent working with service and operating companies based in Aberdeen.
E2 Hydraulic Engineer
E2 Hydraulic Engineer
Our client has a requirement for a E2 Hydraulic Engineer based in North Yorkshire
Job DescriptionDescription of function:
To provide engineering design and support functions and to be responsible for small projects or sub-sections of larger projects, under instruction from the lead discipline engineer and project or senior engineer.
* Work with the R & D Department for the generation of ideas for developments and new products.
* To be responsible for small projects, or sub-sections of larger projects.
* To instruct and train more subordinate engineering staff.
* Produce design specifications and documentation to ISO 9001.
* To provide technical support to the production, logistics and integration departments.
* To actively assist sales and marketing in the preparation of quotes and proposals.
* Offsite engineering support for new build and existing products.
* Assist in the preparation of operating and maintenance manuals.
* Provide customer support and assist in the training of customer operating personnel.
* Other activities as directed by the engineering manager.
* To work within the requirements of company procedures and national and international regulations.
* To work within the timescales and budgets set by the company.
* To provide design on projects, using the following Hydraulic Systems engineering skills:
* Pumping systems(oil and water)
* Systems component selection, cylinders, valves, pumps, motors etc.
* Systems sizing, flow loss calculations etc.
* Geotechnical, soil mechanics and jetting calculations.
* Knowledge of control engineering and control software.
* Gas systems design, breathing and high pressure air systems
* Pipework layout and support, fitting systems etc.
* Knowledge of a range of sealing systems, uses and applications.
* Knowledge of load, deflection and stress analysis.
* Cost consciousness
* To provide design on all projects as required, within the timescales set by the company.
* Ensure the suitability for function for the engineering aspects of company products.
* Prompt replies to production , logistical and technical support questions
* Liaise with other engineering disciplines in the design of equipment and systems.
* Liaise with the Production and Logistics departments.
* Liaise with the Project Management
* Liaise with the Integration Department.
* Liaise with the R & D Department.
* Liaise with the Sales and Marketing Department.
Education / Qualifications:
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Hydraulic Systems or related/equivalent subject (lesser qualifications coupled with suitable design experience may be considered in exceptional circumstances).
· C Eng Status
* Minimum 6 years in a design environment.
* Design of ROV systems
* Offshore experience
* Sound engineering knowledge
* Attention to detail and effective checking regime
* Good verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to work in a team environment and problem solve
* Ability to liaise with other members of staff including customers and 3rd parties
* Clear technical writing
* Good record keeping
* Willingness to learn new engineering skills in a professional environment
* Attentive to ISO 9001 QA systems
* Flexibility, adaptability and professionalism, with the ability to work cooperatively as part of a multidiscipline team, or on individual projects.
* Safety conscious, attentive to QHS&E policies and regulations.
* Software skills. Microsoft Office Suite, ,
Conversant with MathCad, CAD AutoCad and Solid Works, FEA using Ansys and/or Solid Works Simulation, CFD using Ansys and/or Solid Works Flow Works
OUR CORE VALUES
* No one gets hurt – The safety of our employees and customers is our first priority coupled with a healthy respect for the environment
* Integrity – In everything we do, in every interaction, both internally and externally, we strive to operate with the upmost integrity and mutual respect
* Customer focused – Our products enhance our customer’s performance and we listen to their needs and work with them to solve their challenges.
* Good place to work – We are committed to creating a workplace that fosters innovation, teamwork and pride. Every team member is integral to our success and is treated equally and fairly.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.