Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Our client specialises in the design and installation of offshore cabling and the services attributed to that, and they are currently looking for a draughtsperson to join their team in Chelmsford, Essex.
Job DescriptionDesign Draughtsperson
To produce and maintain 2D & 3D drawings from functional specifications such as Mobilisation Layouts, Mechanical devices, Structures, and Storyboards to meet the needs of the business.
The designs will predominantly relate to Offshore Construction, Marine and Subsea related items.
You will manage and control the production of the drawings from Concept to Final Delivery, and if required the production by sub-contractors to ensure the material is fit for purpose, safe and most economical solution provided.
-To work alongside Engineers producing Concept to Detail Design of equipment layouts, mechanical products and structures predominately related to Offshore Platforms, Wind Farms, Ships, ROVs and underwater cables and in other fields as necessary.
- Develop, maintain and adhere to Company drawing procedures, so standards are uniform and maintained across the business.
- Technically support other end users.
- Maintain Company CAD Templates, Drafting Standards and make suggestions in ways to improve drawing output and workflow.
- Manage all company drawings from Mark-ups to Final Delivery.
- Liaising with all departments including Document originator/Engineer and Company Document Controller.
- Support other business departments from Bids and Sales to Live Projects.
Experience / Qualifications
- HND Qualified in Mechanical/ Civil/ Naval/ Engineering Discipline or Strong experience in working in Engineering environment.
- Understanding of modern mechanical or structural engineering principles and practice.
- Strong understanding of AutoCAD, Solidworks and Sketch-up, or similar 3D CAD packages.
- Detailed understanding of AutoCAD XREF's / Paper space / Model Space / Annotations / Dimensions / converting to PDF / Scaling.
- Experience in being able to manage and control documents - Internal and External from Concept to Final Delivery or AS-BUILT.
- Familiar and proficient with mechanical / Structural system design practices.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical notes.
- Ability to work and communicate in conjunction with other departments or independently as required.
- Experience with Offshore construction methods, Subsea equipment and Ships.
- Adaptable to managing drawings on multiple projects whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Good presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel internationally if required.
- Familiar with various 2D & 3D packages
- Importing / Exporting to various CAD software
- Able to analyse and recommend suggestions of ways of improving department efficiency i.e Software / workflow etc.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.