The range of roles I help recruit for is as wide as it is varied. In the (ARM Corporate Services) Engineering Division, I support a range of high profile global companies within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries, which means an ongoing, steep, learning curve.
Design Quality Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Design Quality Engineer
An international aircraft manufacturer is looking for a new Quality Engineer to join its team in Gloucestershire for 12 months. Based in Filton, near Bristol, the Quality Engineer will report to the Head of Quality Engineering and focus on design within the Serial Wing environment.
Job DescriptionIn accordance with the business' Quality Improvement Plan, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
* Integration of Quality throughout the Aircraft Design Review process.
* Definition and deployment of the Quality element of the company's Visual Management System (VMS) into the Engineering Teams.
* Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities into the Engineering Teams.
* Manage Wing Design suppliers through regular Supplier Quality reviews to ensure continuous improvement within suppliers.
* Assist Design Engineering teams as the Quality Engineering focal point for current and future Aircraft development projects.
* Assist the Engineering Teams in managing and evolving the Quality metrics within the corporate visual management system (SQCDP).
* Deployment of Series Aircraft Quality Management Plan into the Engineering Teams.
* Integrate the Q6 methodologies into the Engineering Teams through regular maturity assessments and follow on sessions.
* Deployment of the practical problem solving (PPS) methodology.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
* An Engineering Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
* Practical Project Management experience.
* Demonstrable ability to manage a transnational project.
* Have exceptional communication and English skills, both verbal and written.
* Have excellent IT skills as appropriate to the role (MS Project, MS Word etc.).
* Be able to demonstrate appropriate people skills and associated behaviours when interacting with all levels of the management structure.
* Ability to foster engagement of project team.
* Intelligence, the ability to learn quickly, and a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards the workload are essential requirements.
* Experience in an Aircraft or related industry within a Design or Manufacturing Engineering Environment would be beneficial.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.