Meet Charlie, junior recruitment consultant in our Manufacturing & Technologies team. He works a variety of engineering roles with clients in many different sectors.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
My client is a well-recognised maritime company known for its presence within the offshore cable lay/ cable installation market, offering their services to various industries and offshore projects.
Job DescriptionDesign Draughtsperson
They are currently looking for a design Draughtsperson to join its team in Essex, to control the production of drawings from concept to final delivery.
The main focus of this role will be to produce drawings for vessels, offshore construction operations, marine activities and subsea related items.
- To be embedded in the Engineering team, working alongside others producing concept to detail design of equipment layouts, mechanical products and structures predominately related to offshore platforms, wind farms, ships, ROVs and underwater cables and in other fields as necessary.
- Develop, maintain and adhere to Company drawing procedures, ensuring standards are uniform and appropriate for all the business units. This is part of the continuous improvement process.
- Manage company drawings from mark-ups to final delivery, where these are carried out by others, ensure appropriate QA is in place.
- Technically support other end users with design matters.
- Develop and maintain Company CAD templates, libraries and draughting related information, identifying areas of improvement relating to drawing output and workflow.
- Liaising with all departments as necessary, especially the document originator/engineer and Company Document Controller.
- Support other business departments from Bids and Sales through to Live Project up to and including lessons learnt.
- To take ownership and responsibility of vessel drawings.
- Commitment to and willingness to learn and develop within the offshore construction industry.
- Detailed understanding of AutoCAD XREF's / Paper space / Model Space / Annotations / Dimensions / converting to PDF / Scaling.
- HND Qualified in Mechanical/ Civil/ Naval/ Engineering Discipline or Strong experience in working in an Engineering environment.
- Understanding of modern mechanical or structural engineering principles and practice.
- Strong understanding of AutoCAD, Solidworks and Sketch-up, or similar 3D CAD packages.
- Concept to Final Delivery or AS-BUILT.
- Experience with Offshore construction methods, Subsea equipment and Ships.
- Adaptable to managing drawings on multiple projects whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Importing / Exporting to various CAD software
- Able to analyse and recommend suggestions of ways of improving department efficiency i.e Software / workflow etc.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.