Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
Greenfield project! An exciting opportunity for a Data Architect is required to work within a utility company in the Portsmouth area. The Data Architect will have a strong data background in order to define and deliver data roadmaps, standards & models. This person will be technically-minded and passionate about all things data!
Job DescriptionData Architect - Portsmouth
£60,000 - £80,000pa, depending on experience
An opportunity has arisen for a Data Architect to work within a dynamic gas utility company, reporting into the Company MI & Data Manager and working closely with the Lead Data Architect.
This role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to use their expertise in data to implement completely new data model into this business.
A strong level of technical competence is required as well as the ability to engage with a broad spectrum of business and technical stakeholders.
* Define, own and deliver the corporate data roadmaps, standards and models
* Engage in and inform the enterprise information & data requirements and solutions, as well as on specific project/business initiatives to support the strategic roadmaps and goals.
* Inform, educate and enforce data management and governance "best practice"
* Work in-line with existing and new IT projects to implement data
* Driven, technically-minded and passionate about all things Data.
* Will have an awareness of many of the trends within data; including Big Data, Analytics and Cloud Services (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS)
* Strong Data background
* Demonstrable experience as a Data Architect, alongside holding a formal qualification/certification in IT; such as a Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering etc
* Prior knowledge and experience of Cloud Services - IaaS, SaaS, PaaS (desirable)
* Working knowledge of legislation and regulation governing data access, storage and retention
* A recognised Practitioner certification in one/some of the following architectural frameworks - ToGAF, Zachman framework, DMBoK etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. Our industry coverage includes, but is not limited to: Infrastructure and Built Environment, IT (including Security, Communications, SaaS, ERP, IT Sales, and more) Oil and Gas, Defence, Engineering and Technology, Technical Sales, Energy, Space, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and much, much more. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.