I recruit candidates from various backgrounds, ranging from inspection engineers to 3D designers. I’m lucky enough to get to speak to some interesting candidates.
A pioneering medical devices company is looking for a data analyst to join their globally renowned team.
Job DescriptionThe primary purpose of the Data Analysis role is to collect and analyse statistical data that can be used by the business to inform strategic reliability and business decisions by evaluating risk, and develop predictive statistical tools to inform business decisions
Working with team members to optimize and generate in-application SQL statements as necessary and establish best practices to improve database usability.
* Computer Science, Mathematics degree - minimum class 2:1. (or relevant experience)
* Proficiency with SQL and its variation among popular databases.
* Proven abilities in mathematics, computer science and analysis
* Experience in SQL database.
* Knowledge of best practice when dealing with rational databases.
* Familiarity with basic reliability concepts and analysis such as Weibull, Poisson, and Binomial
* Some knowledge of electromechanical failure mechanisms would be an advantage, but not essential.
* Must be familiar with relational data management systems and capable of using the information derived from them to help senior and executive level personnel to make informed decisions.
* Resilience and flexibility to work in a busy and changing environment.
* Willingness to learn and develop solutions to problems.
* To ensure good time keeping, punctuality and professional conduct at all times.
* An ability to derive mathematical models using Matlab / Simulink would be an advantage but not essential.
* Run various mathematical calculations to determine how the data samples might best be applied to inform the business.
* Provision of reliability performance metrics for reporting to line management.
* Closely work with the other members of the Reliability and Engineering teams to identify reliability issues with components, sub-systems and systems level.
* Inform root cause and failure analysis activities within the Reliability Team to derive the required improved reliability performance.
* Identify trends and patterns of information to extrapolate data by using advanced computerised models.
* Responsibilities include conducting full life cycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, developing analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitoring performance and quality control plans to identify improvements for reliability.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.