I work in the cyber security sector focussing on all divisions of incident response.
Cyber Security Analyst
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Cyber Security Analyst
Cyber Security Analysts looking for a change? I'm working with an International market leader to grow their team of analysts for their Security Operations Centre.
Job DescriptionCyber Security Analyst
ARM are proudly supporting our client, an international leader in electronic and information technology, recruiting for Cyber Security Analysts. Working with the existing Security Operations Team in the leading UK SOC, providing protective monitoring and analysis services of event logs from SIEM tools, and applying further analysis to escalated threats. This will require Incident handling, monitoring and analysis with further security tool sets.
Sound Interesting so far? So, Key Responsibility Areas:
Your main responsibility will be analysing the network, application and system log events. You'll be able to identify uncharacteristic behaviours and raise them as incidents for investigation. Working with other team members you'll establish a possible security threat for escalation.
How will you do it?
* Maintain a keen understanding of evolving cyber threats
* Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts and develop solutions efficiently
* Participate in individual or team projects, Liaise accordingly with other members of the team
* Perform other essential duties as assigned
* As a main point, the key role within the SOC is keeping abreast of evolving Cyber threats and identifying new and sophisticated methods of detecting them across the IT estate.
What do I need to do it?
* Experience! Particularly within Information security or time spent within an associated field and network and systems monitoring
* An active interest in software systems/engineering and/or secure communications and Information systems and/or system security architecture and/or malware
* Qualifications within the IT Security field desirable though not essential
* Prepared to become SC cleared ¡V please ask for details if unsure about this process.
* What is Essential for me to do it?
* A knowledge around detection and prevention
* Demonstrable experience of analysing and interpreting system, security and application logs in order to diagnose faults and spot abnormal behaviours
* In depth experience of some common network or security devices, such as routers, switches, hubs, firewalls, or SIEMS
* Attention to detail and great organisational skills
What we also wouldn't mind seeing:
* Experience of maintaining a secure network with typical security tools (Firewalls, IDS/IPS etc)
* Experience with TCP/IP, Linux, UNIX, Windows, IP Routing
* Software engineering, programming or scripting knowledge. I.E Java, .Net
If this could be the right opportunity for you, please do not hesitate to get in contact. Nothing beats a phone call! 02392228208 or
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.