I head the Manufacturing &Technologies division and we focus on products that have been designed and manufactured across a breadth of engineering industries. The division covers a range of markets including CEM’s, electronics, automotive, aerospace, rail, avionics, defence, manufacturing, medical, pharmaceutical, semiconductor and machinery & automation.
Customer Support Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Customer Support Engineer
Are you a Customer Support Engineer looking for their next role within a growing and innovated company? Do you have a background within high speed machinery, electronic control systems and power electronics or Power Generation from any of the following? Aerospace, Automotive, Automation and Marine, Engineering? Then read on....
Job DescriptionCustomer Support Engineer
Salary: Up to £35k+benefits
37 hours per week
o Provide technical support across customer sites in compliance with commercial agreements.
o Undertake product installation, commissioning and optimisation work at customer sites.
o Support the development of new customer applications, understanding how the hardware will interface and integrate with the customer's system.
o Testing of new products and applications both on and off site.
o Acts as a key customer relationship interface ensuring professional and accurate communications are carried out at all times.
o Involved in the tracking of products for failure trends (reliability monitoring), system performance (proactive monitoring) and co-ordinates engineering and operations for product/process enhancements activities.
o First line fault diagnosis and working with internal engineering teams to resolve customer issues. Clarification of the issue, document the steps to understand root cause of the problem and propose changes to design/ processes to correct and prevent future occurrence.
o Provide support to the Performance team, assisting with data analysis and development of tools.
o Track metrics relating to product performance and RMA's, recommending changes.
o Host meetings with internal teams and/or customers as required keeping all stake holders informed of high profile / impact customer issues.
o Manage and progress all issues raised by customers and ensure timely resolution and feedback.
o Creation and up-dating of Product Manuals, Service Bulletins, Trouble Shooting documents and Process Flow diagrams as required to support customers.
o Development of technical training materials and running technical product training courses for both our customers and internally.
o Engage in engineering change and ensure impact on customers and service requirements has been considered and actions are in place to complete the change.
o Undertake other engineering lead internal projects and activities as required.
- A hands on engineer with experience of high speed machinery, electronic control systems and power electronics.
- Experience in automotive and power generation would be ideal, with an understanding of diesel engines and generators.
- Experience in customer facing/support roles, ideally within power generation or similar industries.
- Excellent technical report and documentation writing.
- Experience and understanding of mixed mechanical, electrical, electronic/software and control systems.
- I.T. Skills - Microsoft Office, ERP/MRP, Networking, Solidworks & Labview.
- Available to travel overseas at short notice and occasionally for long periods
- Strong analytical skills - Confident in processing and analysing large sets of data
- Holds a current passport and EU/UK driving Licence.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.