Meet George, who specialises in permanent and contract positions within the automotive technologies sector, focusing on electrical & mechanical – powertrain & engine skill sets.
Crash Test Engineer
Crash Test Engineer
A global automotive consultancy are looking for a Crash Test Engineer to join their team at their Bedford site, apply now!
Job DescriptionCrash Test Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for multiple crash engineers to join a growing automotive consultancy who provide test support to a number of the UK's automotive OEM's. They are a constantly growing company who have significant amounts of investment in place for a number of different areas within their business.
At present, they require crash engineers to work within their crash test facility. Here they perform a number of front, side and rear impact controlled collisions in order to simulate vehicle collisions via a number of sensors which are attached to the crash dummies.
As a crash engineer, you will be responsible for conducting crashes on whole vehicle as well as component tests in accordance to customer requirements. As the crash tests are extremely costly, you will also be responsible for ensuring test deliverables are technically correct, in the right format as well as right first time. You will also be a confident communicator who can liaise with the customer to capture their requirements, and also present their findings in a professional manner.
- Hands-on vehicle knowledge- if you have spent a lot of time servicing your own car that would be handy!
- A strong background in project managing vehicle test programmes.
- A background working within the automotive field would be beneficial.
- A knowledge or usage of vehicle instrumentation would put you at a distinct advantage.
- Ideally degree qualified in an engineering field- either mechanical, automotive or similar.
- Vehicle safety is even more important as we shift towards EV and autonomous vehicle technologies.
- Pension (up to 10% matched), 25 days holiday, health care, child care vouchers.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.