Specialising in cost and commercial management within civil engineering. Placing candidates from senior to associate director level within contracting firms and consultancies. I excel in candidate management, placing people in the right position. My expertise covers commercial management, quantity surveying, cost engineering and cost management.
Cost Engineer - Infrastructure
Cost Engineer - Infrastructure
Cost Engineer Derby (Manchester or Birmingham with 2 - 3 days at Derby) Excellent permanent salary and benefits Are you seeking an opportunity to progress your career forwards? My client is a leading infrastructure contractor who enjoy a high degree of success within the rail sector. Based in Derby they are seeking a Cost Engineer to join a busy and expanding team.
Job DescriptionCost Engineer
Derby (Manchester or Birmingham with 2 - 3 days at Derby)
Excellent permanent salary and benefits
Are you seeking an opportunity to progress your career forwards?
My client is a leading infrastructure contractor who enjoy a high degree of success within the rail sector. Based in Derby they are seeking a Cost Engineer to join a busy and expanding team.
Due to an appreciated skill shortage across Cost Engineering, they can accommodate the successful applicant being based in either Manchester or Birmingham up to 3 days a week.
* You will be responsible for the Work Package Management Process and the production of associated performance reports.
* Ensure that all WPM reports are produced as required, in a timely manner, are correct and fit for purpose.
* Build relationships with the various Work package Managers to ensure that they understand the WPM process, the reports content and that they are actively engaged with progress reporting and management of changes and variations
* Working closely with the Project Commercial/Planning leads ensuring that all approved changes and/or variations are correctly captured and varied into the approved project budgets.
* Update all Work Package Management Agreements, and their associated change sheets on a monthly basis.
* Lead the Work Package management reviews and record the meeting minutes and all actions
* You will deliver the Period Updates and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the project on a period by period basis.
* You will deliver the necessary reports to allow Senior Managers to direct the project appropriately
* Able to work on your own initiative, chair Progress Meetings and be able to communicate clear and concise data to both the Project team and the Client.
* Proven background as a Cost Engineer working on large multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects.
* Able to work under your own initiative and actively engage with project team members and particularly the Discipline Leads.
* Must be able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of Project Controls Techniques including Earned Value Management (EVM) as well as CPI and SPI calculations.
* Detailed knowledge of project performance metric and analysis skills
* Extensive use of associated Microsoft Products for Cost Engineering.
Candidates considering being located in Birmingham or Manchester must be prepared to commute to Derby 2 to 3 days within a working week.
Equally candidates at Senior Cost Engineering level will also be considered if able to present a proven background within rail infrastructure and be prepared to lead and mentor a team.
If you have the skill set required and want to be a part of this exciting project then please apply today, or call to discuss in further detail.
A full job description is available upon request,
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.