With vast experience within the Oil & Gas industry, my 20 years in recruitment have all been spent working with service and operating companies based in Aberdeen.
Controls Support Engineer
Controls Support Engineer
Our client has an urgent requirement for a Controls Support Engineer based in Aberdeenshire.
Job DescriptionControls Support Engineer
Directly reporting to the Customer Support Supervisor, and working with Controls Engineering and the Manufacturing team, assist or conduct various engineering tasks involved in the support or development of new and existing products, whilst adhering to client Energy Technologies’ standards, responsibilities policies, and procedures. The incumbent must also work independently and as part of the Field Service team to oversee the controls, software and electrical maintenance, review and upgrade existing equipment whilst providing training and support to client Field Service Technicians located globally.
* Be the Field Service lead expert on controls and software for trouble shooting and assistance to customers and client technicians.
* Assist engineering in Houston and manufacturing/implementation in Aberdeen with field feedback to enable development and improvement of new products.
• Stay abreast of manufacturing capabilities in order to assist with change and make recommendations.
* Maintain a working knowledge of industry related codes and standards.
* Perform other assignments as directed by direct and indirect leadership.
Undertake all duties in a safe and efficient manner, promoting safe working practices, complying with all company policies including but not limited to the client Energy Technologies Code of Conduct and OSHA Safety rules
* Accountable for the timely response and support to customers and field technicians.
* Lead training programmes and improvements for field technicians.
* Provide reports on field service metrics, as defined by direct leadership.
Education / Qualifications:
* Significant experience within Engineering, Manufacturing or Service discipline
• Preferred Bachelor’s or Associate Degree or 5 yrs minimum relevant experience
* Advanced understanding of all phases of field operating and equipment with particular attention to the individuals’ field of expertise
• Advanced knowledge of engineering standards including codes and regulations affecting design development
* Demonstrable working knowledge and understanding of PLC Controls equipment including Allen Bradley and Siemens.
* Good working knowledge of software code, including experience of troubleshooting language in C++ and C#.
* An understanding of hydraulic systems and schematics would be advantageous.
* An understanding of torque equipment would be advantageous but not essential.
* Experience working with CAD packages.
* Experienced in working in a service based department, where key deliverables are time based.
* Must be able to work well under pressure and to sometimes strict deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work under extreme pressure with strict deadlines
• Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.