I am a recruitment specialist in the aerospace and defence domain. My skills include resourcing experienced and highly-skilled individuals for roles and projects such as quality assurance, programme support and project management.
Communications Systems Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
Communications Systems Engineer
COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS ENGINEER - GLOUCESTER - £50,000 Are you an accomplished Communications Systems Engineer with solid evidence of systems design? Is your systems design experience closely related to communications, especially RF design? If yes, my client - a Defence giant - will want to see your CV! Please read on and apply below!
Job DescriptionJob Title: Communications Systems Engineer
Salary: up to £50,000
Please note, all successful applicants will be required to have the necessary residency requirements to achieve security clearance at the appropriate level for this position. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Successful candidates must be willing and able to obtain DV level clearance.
My client is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The business is a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
The ideal candidate should be able to work autonomously under the technical lead's general direction and should be capable of shaping the task order's technical objectives. The candidate will demonstrate well-rounded system engineering skills that can be applied to a variety of research and development challenges, delivering cutting edge solutions for both customer and Lockheed Martin enterprises.
In particular, successful candidates will be expected to:
· Apply their knowledge of radio frequency communication theory to develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
· Contribute to the strategy development for the cyber related RF / communication systems activities performed within the programme.
· Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
· Perform a range of engineering tasks across the development lifecycle without appreciable direction including but not limited to: requirements elaboration, systems design, software development, test and reporting.
· Mentor junior team members in best practices within RF / communication systems engineering.
Required skills, qualifications and experience:
· Experience of Radio Frequency (RF) communication theory.
· Experience of RF communication system design.
· Experience of Digital Signal Processing (DSP).
· Working knowledge of Software Defined Radio (SDR) technologies.
· Team player.
· A high level of integrity and professionalism.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Experience of any of the following technologies is desirable:
· Applied knowledge of RF signal analysis.
· Software development in a Unix/Linux environment.
· Experience of procedures relating to system and software architecture and design, integration and test, and requirements management.
· Knowledge of various Systems Engineering lifecycle concepts
· Competence with the following programming languages:
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.